Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g upgraded to IOS 4.2.1 Not receiving Notifications

Default Iphone 3g upgraded to IOS 4.2.1 Not receiving Notifications
    Hello Everyone,

Need some help here. Upgraded the 3g and works well with Cydia, ultrasn0w. I am not receiving notifications from any of the social networking programs. I have to open each application to get incoming messages. What has gone wrong here? What else do I need to install for the return of this feature? I am only receiving text message notifications!

By the way all notification checkboxes are on!!

Help Please!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

ipusher in the app store can check to see if your push notifications are working.

How did you activate the phone originally? With a sim card or a jailbreak program?

Hello Simon, nice to see you again. I used a jailbreaking program to upgrade the phone. This Ipusher is not available on cydia?

Thanks

ipusher is in the app store.

The jailbreak program probably hactivated your phone which can break push notifications. Do you know what carrier the phone is originally locked to and do you have a sim from that carrier handy (even an inactive one will do)?

Unfortunately I dont have the original sim nor do I know which original carrier company the phone came from. Sorry!!!

Thanks

What is the model number? SHould be something like MC911LL or similar. That could point us in the right direction for what carrier it is locked to, this is important for activating it properly so that push notifications will work.

OK this is the information in about screen: Carrier- Carrier 9.0, Model- MB499LL, Serial#- 87831SEX1R4 Hope this helps!!

Thanks

Pretty sure that means it is ATT. So you have a few choices on what you can do now.

1: Get ahold of a ATT sim, does not have to be active. Use redsnow to deactivate the phone then use the ATT sim and iTunes to properly activate the phone.

2: Download SAM from cydia. You will have to add a repo in cydia (repo.bingner.com). With SAM you can deactivate it then activate it all with this one tweak (no ATT sim card needed for this one).

3: You can use a site like IDeviceGuys | iPhone and iPad Repair | Unlocks and get the phone officially unlocked. Once it is officially unlocked you can restore it in itunes (back it up first) then you will be able to properly activate it with any sim card you want. Or you can use redsnow to deactivate and then activate with any sim card if you dont want to go through the hassle of restoring.

Ok well option 1 is out and where I am located and unless the guys on option 3 can do it online, i will try option 2 first. Many thanks again and I will post whatever result i get on this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lftt View Post
    Ok well option 1 is out and where I am located and unless the guys on option 3 can do it online, i will try option 2 first. Many thanks again and I will post whatever result i get on this thread.
    option 3 is online. All done remotely.

Not finding this SAM on cydia!

Can you expand a bit more on option 2? NO SAM on Cydia and the "add a repo" please explain. I just checked option 3 and dont have the facility to pay from here.
    Last edited by lftt; 10-10-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks

In cydia go to manage/sources/edit/add then put in the repo I gave you above.

The devs site: http://www.bingner.com/SAM.html

No Joy there! Its not finding it! Well I will have to live with only unlocking the screen and opening up each app to see the notifications. Hey many thanks again!!! You have been a great help and I reached a lot further than expected thanks to you!!

Ohhhh made a boo,boo!!!! Input the wrong thing!!! Sorry, still have light at the end of the tunnel

ok in SAM. Had to go into utilities and Revert lockdownd to stock. What next? do i restore activiation? It says that if I do springboard will reload and upon success to properly load new push certs???

There are other functions: Regenerate SIM, De-Activate iPhone (Clear Push). In the main menu the following exists: Hacktivate (off), Enabled (on), Method (auto detect),Disable feedback(off) and Hide SAMPPrefs Icon (off)
    Last edited by lftt; 10-10-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks

If you reverted lockdownd to stock, have enabled SAM, and set the method to Auto Detect, at this point all you should need to do is plug your iPhone into iTunes and hopefully your device will be automatically activated (at which point you can disable SAM and use ultrasn0w with your local SIM card).

Ok Done! Thanks!!! Will wait to see if the notifications are running!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lftt View Post
    Ok Done! Thanks!!! Will wait to see if the notifications are running!!!
    If your device has cellular service (or if SAM reports that your device is "Activated") then you're golden.