Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IOS 7 blobs

Default IOS 7 blobs
    Guys, anyone know if Cydia is saving iOS 7 SHSH blobs? TSS centre isn't showing them for the iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 yet, only lists up to 6.1.3. Any idea?

there are no more shsh blobs starting with iOS 7.....it is solely based on Aptickets

there is currently no way to save the Aptickets neither until further news from the developers, i.e. ih8sn0w, musclenerd, etc

Seems like apple are stepping up their game to prevent roll back of firmware....

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    there are no more shsh blobs starting with iOS 7.....it is solely based on Aptickets

there is currently no way to save the Aptickets neither until further news from the developers, i.e. ih8sn0w, musclenerd, etc
    Evo, I love you man, but may I interject?

I can only speak for devices that had iOS 6 builds for them (i.e., everything except the 5c/5s). However, since Apple's server still returns valid responses for iOS 7 and those board configurations, I imagine they use SHSH blobs as well...

iOS 7 only has two blobs (LLB and iBSS) per firmware, plus the APTicket (the iPhone 4 has three: LLB, iBSS, iBEC plus APTicket). These blobs can never be removed, as the various devices' bootroms require a valid SHSH blob in the first image(s) they load. Later checks can be removed or patched out, but not the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Evo, I love you man, but may I interject?

I can only speak for devices that had iOS 6 builds for them (i.e., everything except the 5c/5s). However, since Apple's server still returns valid responses for iOS 7 and those board configurations, I imagine they use SHSH blobs as well...

iOS 7 only has two blobs (LLB and iBSS) per firmware, plus the APTicket (the iPhone 4 has three: LLB, iBSS, iBEC plus APTicket). These blobs can never be removed, as the various devices' bootroms require a valid SHSH blob in the first image(s) they load. Later checks can be removed or patched out, but not the first one.
    I one BILLION PERCENT CONCUR!

For some reason when I read docmagoo's question, I ignored his mention of iphone 4 even though I read it

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Seems like apple are stepping up their game to prevent roll back of firmware....

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that...
    I apologize for the misleading info....my response was catered towards A5+ devices, i.e. iphone 5/5c/5s

you should be able to save iOS 7 blobs with tinyumbrella

just make sure to uncheck "request shsh from cydia" and you should see iOS 7 shsh blobs saved for your device

Just to confirm....I have saved SHSH blobs with TU for ios 7 and 7.0.2 (i4 of course). Not sure what for, dough, but you just never know

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Just to confirm....I have saved SHSH blobs with TU for ios 7 and 7.0.2 (i4 of course). Not sure what for, dough, but you just never know
    Got them on mine to for just cause reason lol

Ok. All this is good to know gentleman! So back to my original question will cydia save them automatically? Will zap them over with TU in the AM

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Best to use TU to be on the safe side