Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: IOS 7 blobs

  1. #1
    Default IOS 7 blobs
    Guys, anyone know if Cydia is saving iOS 7 SHSH blobs? TSS centre isn't showing them for the iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 yet, only lists up to 6.1.3. Any idea?

  2. #2
    there are no more shsh blobs starting with iOS 7.....it is solely based on Aptickets

    there is currently no way to save the Aptickets neither until further news from the developers, i.e. ih8sn0w, musclenerd, etc

  3. #3
    Seems like apple are stepping up their game to prevent roll back of firmware....

    Thanks for the info. Didn't know that...

  4. #4
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,754
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 633 Times in 557 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    there are no more shsh blobs starting with iOS 7.....it is solely based on Aptickets

    there is currently no way to save the Aptickets neither until further news from the developers, i.e. ih8sn0w, musclenerd, etc
    Evo, I love you man, but may I interject?

    I can only speak for devices that had iOS 6 builds for them (i.e., everything except the 5c/5s). However, since Apple's server still returns valid responses for iOS 7 and those board configurations, I imagine they use SHSH blobs as well...

    iOS 7 only has two blobs (LLB and iBSS) per firmware, plus the APTicket (the iPhone 4 has three: LLB, iBSS, iBEC plus APTicket). These blobs can never be removed, as the various devices' bootroms require a valid SHSH blob in the first image(s) they load. Later checks can be removed or patched out, but not the first one.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Evo, I love you man, but may I interject?

    I can only speak for devices that had iOS 6 builds for them (i.e., everything except the 5c/5s). However, since Apple's server still returns valid responses for iOS 7 and those board configurations, I imagine they use SHSH blobs as well...

    iOS 7 only has two blobs (LLB and iBSS) per firmware, plus the APTicket (the iPhone 4 has three: LLB, iBSS, iBEC plus APTicket). These blobs can never be removed, as the various devices' bootroms require a valid SHSH blob in the first image(s) they load. Later checks can be removed or patched out, but not the first one.
    I one BILLION PERCENT CONCUR!

    For some reason when I read docmagoo's question, I ignored his mention of iphone 4 even though I read it



    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Seems like apple are stepping up their game to prevent roll back of firmware....

    Thanks for the info. Didn't know that...
    I apologize for the misleading info....my response was catered towards A5+ devices, i.e. iphone 5/5c/5s

    you should be able to save iOS 7 blobs with tinyumbrella

    just make sure to uncheck "request shsh from cydia" and you should see iOS 7 shsh blobs saved for your device

  6. #6
    Just to confirm....I have saved SHSH blobs with TU for ios 7 and 7.0.2 (i4 of course). Not sure what for, dough, but you just never know

  7. #7
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,059
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Just to confirm....I have saved SHSH blobs with TU for ios 7 and 7.0.2 (i4 of course). Not sure what for, dough, but you just never know
    Got them on mine to for just cause reason lol

  8. #8
    Ok. All this is good to know gentleman! So back to my original question will cydia save them automatically? Will zap them over with TU in the AM

  9. #9
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,059
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Best to use TU to be on the safe side

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •