+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Currently on 6.1.3 with iPhone 4; cant jailbreak tethered now that signing has stopped?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have a GSM iPhone 4 currently on 6.1.3; Am I correct in assuming that because apple has stopped signing 6.1.3/6.1.4, that I can no longer jailbreak this current firmware
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Currently on 6.1.3 with iPhone 4; cant jailbreak tethered now that signing has stopped?
    I have a GSM iPhone 4 currently on 6.1.3; Am I correct in assuming that because apple has stopped signing 6.1.3/6.1.4, that I can no longer jailbreak this current firmware using sn0wbreeze/redsn0w? Or does this only apply to those who will be upgrading/downgrading to 6.1.3?

Before I attempted a jailbreak with it, I wanted to make sure I didn't get it stuck in a bad place. I've been out of the scene for a short bit and wasn't 100% clear on the signing issue.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

You can jailbreak tethered just fine with redsnow. You should also probably use iFaith to save your 6.1.3 SHSH so that you can always restore to 6.1.3 if you need to.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

firemanx (09-25-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simon,

Thank you for your swift and informative reply.

Simon,

I'm assuming that I would need to stitch my current SHSH blobs with an IPSW before running it through redsn0w?
    Last edited by firemanx; 09-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks

To jailbreak you don't need to stitch anything. You will need a copy of 6.0 firmware for your phone though. To jailbreak you first point redsnow to that 6.0 firmware then go back to the jailbreak button and press that and follow the instructions. After that is done you will have to do it again, point redsnow again to 6.0 but then this time choose the boot tethered option after.

You will only need to stitch SHSH if you ever have to restore to 6.1.3 for any reason, iFaith can do the saving SHSH and stitching part all in one, just dont update your iTunes to 11.1 (it breaks stitched firmware restoring I believe).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simon,

Gotcha. I originally grabbed an image of 6.1.3 (as I thought it was supposedly able to boot tethered). I'll go with the 6.0 firmware.

Thanks for the heads up on itunes. I was aware of the issue on the restoration removal option in the updated version, I last updated to 11.0.5 I believe.

Thanks

Ya, normally you wouldn't need to point redsnow to any firmware but MuscleNerd hasn't updated it since 6.0 which is why even if you are on 6.1.3 you still have to "trick" redsnow that you are jailbreaking 6.0.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ah! That does make sense now, thanks once more for the helpful insight!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will second everything that Simon has said here. MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR BLOBS FROM iFaith before doing ANYTHING!!!!!
    Its really important more now than ever!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As suggested, I did grab the 6.1.3 SHSH blobs via iFaith before attempting to use redsn0w. I'm giving it a go now. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    just dont update your iTunes to 11.1 (it breaks stitched firmware restoring I believe).
    are you 100% sure on that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jers201 View Post
    are you 100% sure on that?
    Yes. Google it and you will see plenty of posts regarding it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    what would one need to do if he didn't save the blobs on 6.1.3 on a jb 3gs to restore it?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jers201 For This Useful Post:

Hsndaa (10-04-2013)

Thanks

what would one need to do if he didn't save the blobs on 6.1.3 on a jb 3gs to restore it?
    You can extract the shsh of whatever firmware the phone is currently on using iFaith.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I am right in understanding you have a 3GS JB'd on 6.1.3? If that is the case I would whole heartedly recommend that you get the blobs off the device with iFaith!

If memory serves me right, Old bootrom 3GS's don't need SHSH to restore but you have it make sure you are definitely an old boot rom 3GS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin House View Post
    If I am right in understanding you have a 3GS JB'd on 6.1.3? If that is the case I would whole heartedly recommend that you get the blobs off the device with iFaith!

If memory serves me right, Old bootrom 3GS's don't need SHSH to restore but you have it make sure you are definitely an old boot rom 3GS.
    Well getting 6.1.3 SHSH for 3GS isn't really an issue since that is as high as a 3GS can go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Well getting 6.1.3 SHSH for 3GS isn't really an issue since that is as high as a 3GS can go.
    Of course........ I forgot apple still sign that SHSH!