+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS - problems after upgrading to iOS 6.1.3 with ultrasnow - PLEASE Help!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have a jailbroken iphone 3gs running 4.2.1 with ipad baseband (if I remember correctly,I had unlocked and jailbroken it around mid 2011). Recently I upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 using
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy iPhone 3GS - problems after upgrading to iOS 6.1.3 with ultrasnow - PLEASE Help!
    I have a jailbroken iphone 3gs running 4.2.1 with ipad baseband (if I remember correctly,I had unlocked and jailbroken it around mid 2011). Recently I upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 using custom old bootroom IPSW from ultrasnow (ultrasnow created the custom IPSW for me from the ios 6.1.3 IPSW. I followed instructions I found in some online page.

The upgrade was successful and everything was going fine, until somedays back the phone started to switch off on its own. And sometimes the touch response would go awry. Like for example, if you press A, it would type Q and if you press an icon for one app, it would open another, something like that. All of it would go away once the phone was charged fully and restarted.

But 2 days back the phone would not boot up, it was stuck at the "ultranow symbol" which was just flashing. I tried to switch it off but only got a black/grey flashing screen. My phone doesn't even go into DFU mode or switch off to restore.

Please help me get out of it. Can I get my iphone 3gs to work again!

Thanks in advance!!!!
    Last edited by dannyking993; 09-25-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: grammar & typos

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used to have a 3GS on 6.1.3 old bootrom and it ran as smooth as a babies bum lol.

It sounds like you may need a new battery to start with

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin House View Post
    I used to have a 3GS on 6.1.3 old bootrom and it ran as smooth as a babies bum lol.

It sounds like you may need a new battery to start with
    Thanks Smokin House. But I don't think its a battery problem cuz the battery used to last quite long even after playing games till a day before all this started.

Anyways I think I'll let the battery drain out completely before I plug it in for a recharge to see if it can get out the black/grey screen flashing loop. By the way does anyone know how long does it take to completely drain out the iPhone 3GS's battery?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Before I had to change my battery, mine used to last for ages then out of the blue one day it started playing up, turning off, turning on, looking like it took a full charge then I'd unplug it and went off again. It's just a good place to start and inexpensive to replace and quite an easy job to do yourself.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You don't need to stay on iPad baseband anymore. It has all kind of issues if you turned on location services. You can downgrade 6.15 down to 5.?? using Redsn0w. Also, imei unlocking is relatively inexpensive now. You may want to look into that, too. Check the link below for step-by-step:

RedSn0w 0.9.14b1 released with the ability to downgrade baseband 06.15

good luck

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

IMEI unlock site best out there also a mod on the site check em out.
    http://ideviceguys.com/unlocks/