Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So Apple has to replace my jailbroken iPhone 5 (6.1). Anyway to downgrade the device?

Default So Apple has to replace my jailbroken iPhone 5 (6.1). Anyway to downgrade the device?
    This means they will give me a refurbished iPhone 5 with with new iOS 7 firmware

Is there a way for me to downgrade this refurbished iOS7 device to 6.1 or anything really? I am not a fan of iOS7 and I enjoy a good jailbreak. Is there any possible way?

I know of tinyumbrella and iFaith, by the way. But is there a way to get the SHSH blobs from the new device?
    Last edited by iliveudie; 09-22-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Damn. That is really frustrating. Even if this phone was used on a previous iOS version? Tinyumbrella cannot get the SHSH blobs?

What about in the rare instance where the device was previously jailbroken on a 6.x version before it was given back to Apple?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

There is no way. Doesn't matter if you have SHSH, even with them it cannot be done on an iPhone 5.

The refurbished replacement may not be on the latest firmware (iOS 7). When the genius asks if you want him to prepare/restore the backup on the replacement, just decline. Otherwise, s/he will upgrade it to the latest. Good luck