+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get rid of lockscreen black bars!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS running 6.1.2, and my winterboard lockscreen theme's don't work because the black bars (slide to unlock, clock) won't go away! And so none
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Get rid of lockscreen black bars!
    Hi,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS running 6.1.2, and my winterboard lockscreen theme's don't work because the black bars (slide to unlock, clock) won't go away! And so none of the sliders work in my lockscreen - is there a tweak of theme to fix this?

I have tried Best Clear Lockscreen and Clear Lockscreen and they haven't worked.

Any suggestions would be very highly appriciated!

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,869 Times in 6,032 Posts

WinterBoard as you may know, works in a hierarchy, meaning the theme on top takes priority over theme below. Try moving Best Clear Lockscreen or Clear Lockscreen above any other theme you have installed, as well the sliders you are using.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know and have done that (thanks for the reply).
    I have finally found something that works - Slide To Unlock Killer, only problem is my sliders will never change no matter what theme I use! Should I re-jailbreak/restore?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,526 Times in 1,741 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry_Pi_Man View Post
    I know and have done that (thanks for the reply).
    I have finally found something that works - Slide To Unlock Killer, only problem is my sliders will never change no matter what theme I use! Should I re-jailbreak/restore?
    Before you restore, try this LS theme. I'm pretty sure it's compatible with 3gs. All the images are vector resized for non-retina. About halfway down the first post is a link and instructions for "Simple Slider". Only the LS slider is in the package, so it could rule out any other problems. Let me know how you go. Cheers👊👍

4 You Theme

Edit: If you want a quick and easy install, I think I actually uploaded it to cydia. Try searching "Simple Slider" and look for V2.
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 09-22-2013 at 02:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iOS 7 theme, and no slider works with it apart from simple sliders, which does. Not even the animated lockscreen it comes with actually works with it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,526 Times in 1,741 Posts

Pretty sure it's people are dropping legacy support with their themes. If you say that my Simple Slider works, it's because of all the different files. The "Evasi0n Preparation" lock screen from cydia uses the same slider. If you look at the installed files for that one lockscreen, it's quite a few images. I think 6 images just to support the wallpapers on different devices. You could use the Simple Slider package as a template to rename and resize some other slider images. Cheers👍👊

LinkBacks (?)