+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring help!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have an iPod touch 5G (32GB) running iOS 6.1.2, which I jailbreaked the day I bought it, with evasi0n. Now I really want iOS 7. And I know it's
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restoring help!
    I have an iPod touch 5G (32GB) running iOS 6.1.2, which I jailbreaked the day I bought it, with evasi0n. Now I really want iOS 7. And I know it's not out until Thursday, but I need to know ahead...

1. All the music, photos, videos and podcasts on my iPod, i have on my PC, so I don't need to backup...
    2. Can restoring my device somehow brick or lock it?
    3. Will I have to restore and then upgrade to 6.1.3 before I can upgrade to iOS 7?
    4. Generally, just what do I do?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I would sync ya iPod to iTunes so it saves ya photos music etc... And when 7.0 comes out just update to it. You gonna have to restore since ya moving to 6.0 to 7.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

nnfdcane (09-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah788 View Post
    I have an iPod touch 5G (32GB) running iOS 6.1.2, which I jailbreaked the day I bought it, with evasi0n. Now I really want iOS 7. And I know it's not out until Thursday, but I need to know ahead...

1. All the music, photos, videos and podcasts on my iPod, i have on my PC, so I don't need to backup...
    2. Can restoring my device somehow brick or lock it?
    3. Will I have to restore and then upgrade to 6.1.3 before I can upgrade to iOS 7?
    4. Generally, just what do I do?
    1) Yes, most of those things you listed will be covered by iTunes. However, any SMS messages and third-party app data will be lost unless you restore from a backup (which I would strongly advise against, since your device is currently jailbroken). Your photos will have be backed up off your Camera Roll (via Photo Stream or exporting your photos to your computer like a USB camera).
    2) It's an occurrence so rare I'd say it's nigh impossible. If it did happen, it would be covered by Apple's warranty.
    3) No, you can proceed straight to iOS 7.
    4) I'd recommend starting your restore (and a restore, not an upgrade) from DFU mode (plug your iPod into your computer, turn it off, hold the power and home buttons for ten seconds, then release the power button but keep holding the home button until iTunes chimes in with a message about "a device was discovered in Recovery Mode."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

nnfdcane (09-18-2013)