+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So my phone WAS on 6.1.2, updated this stupid siri port i had and it screwed up my boot and got me stuck on apple logo. Ended up trying everything
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Ashengrace's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Upgrade from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1
    So my phone WAS on 6.1.2, updated this stupid siri port i had and it screwed up my boot and got me stuck on apple logo. Ended up trying everything i could think of with no results. Had to take it some where to get it restored to 5.1.1 cause i was stuck (Totally worth the $5 though lol). So now im back up and running (thank the gods).

With that said, i want to try get back to at least 6.0.1, but nothing seems to be working either. Ive tried redsn0w custom IPSW but after i put it into DFU mode it says its not in the right mode and starts over. Tinyumbrella wont open, it goes through the first two java loading bars but the window never opens. I tried stitching my SHSH in redsn0w and update/restore in iTunes and it errors.

Can anyone give me some advice?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

You do have the shsh blobs saved? And not with cydia either with redsnow or TU?

Thanks

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. I do have the 6.0.1 blobs that i saved through TU.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Put ya phone in pwned dfu mode?

Thanks

Of course. Problem is like i said, even if i put it in DFU mode, redsn0w says that i must not have followed the directions cause im not in the right mode. And iTunes just gives me a different error every time.

I go to redsn0w>extras>even more>restore. Select my 6.0.1 IPSW. It goes through the limera1n thing, then it shows me this:
    WrongMode.JPG

I close it and it shows me this:
    PwndDFU.JPG

So i tried it again, since the phone was already in DFU mode. Did the same steps over again and it gives me an error that says "exploit failed"
    Last edited by Ashengrace; 09-07-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks

I would suggest that you try with latest snowbreeze, 2.9.14 I think. It should do the job. However, before doing it, make sure with iFaith, that the blobs you have are OK for restore.

EVO
    Thanks

the SHSH blobs saved from TU does not work, because it does not contain the complete SHSH blobs that can successfully allow your iphone to be restored..

Since iOS 6 was released, Apple has dramatically changed the way SHSH blobs are created..........therefore you must have SAVED them directly to your computer using either redsn0w or iFaith

To be sure if your iOS 6 shsh blobs are valid, download iFaith and verify the blobs....it will tell you if your shsh blobs are valid

Thanks

Ahh. Yeah i knew there was something screwy with the blobs from TU for 6.0+, but i always thought it was just the ones from cydia. I DLed ifaith and yeah, they arent usable. Guess im stuck on 5.1.1 for god knows how long.

Im really going to miss google maps :-(