Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NewB help please

Default NewB help please
    I have an old original iPhone circa 2006/2007. I had originally jailbroken it and used it until I got a legit 4. For the last two years I just had the old phone sitting in an ipod dock so that my wife could listen to music. I also ran the sirius/xm app as well. I got an email from xm saying that their new software would require a higher iOS. Stupidly, without thinking, I plugged the old phone in and it bricked (i think thats the term).

I have tried unsuccessfully to re jailbreak but can't. My guess is that my iphone4 and son's touch are up to date with their software and thats whats on iTunes.

Can someone please point me in the right direction for jail breaking i think to 3.1.3 without screwing up my legit phone and touch.

much thanks
    Bush

Need clarification. What model iphone is the old one? Also, any clue what firmware it was on when it bricked?

Its the original, I think its a 2g. Its 2006 I think. It was jailbroken in 2007. My guess is 1.3 for installed iOS. I use my MacBook for myself & wife and my kids use the old PC. I have iTunes on the PC circa 2007. Should I try it on the PC without updating iTunes?