Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4. Stuck in recovery mode. JB at 5.1.1. Got blobs but cannot stitch!!

Default iPhone 4. Stuck in recovery mode. JB at 5.1.1. Got blobs but cannot stitch!!
    Messed up, mistakenly upgraded in iTunes and it went into Recovery mode.

Tried a host of fixes to no avail. Redsn0w does not allow me to stitch a custom FW even though I saved my blobs when the device was JB at 5.1.1

Am I missing something obvious? At 5.1.1 does it save those blobs or the previous firmware like 5.1??

I enter my blobs in redsn0w and it says"no blobs found/AP Ticket is missing"

Any help appreciated!!

Can someone have any ideas why my 5.1.1 blob I saved in a folder is not verified when I try to verify with Redsn0w or iFaith??
    I want to use it to stitch a custom FW.

There are 2 versions of 5.1.1 blobs, are you sure you are using the right one? Also missing App ticket suggests that something is wrong with those blobs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    There are 2 versions of 5.1.1 blobs, are you sure you are using the right one? Also missing App ticket suggests that something is wrong with those blobs.
    Thanks for your reply. What are the two versions? How can I I'd which one I have and use my existing as I only got the one. I saved it to my computer and not to TU or Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper2Ant View Post
    Thanks for your reply. What are the two versions? How can I I'd which one I have and use my existing as I only got the one. I saved it to my computer and not to TU or Cydia.
    I think bbrks is referring to the SHSH blobs w/ APTickets and ones without...

It is my opinion that the aptickets are missing for your 5.1.1 blobs.

Another thing you can try is download ifaith, and try to build an ISPW, and see if it throws any errors...

If it does, the SHSH blobs are pretty much useless

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), King_O_Hill (09-09-2013)

I remember that when my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 was having some issues, i wanted to restore it and re jailbreak it to same iOS version. I saved the blobs using iFaith (IIRC) and then used iFaith only to make a custom IPSW of iOS 5.1.1 and did a shift+restore in iTunes.
    I don't exactly remember but i think i followed the iClarified guide for the same.
    I am not sure if the blobs saved were with or without AP ticket because there was no way to identify that (for me).

if you were able to restore back to 5.1.1, the blobs contains valid APTickets