+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broken file system - need help restoring - iphone 4s

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Any help appreciated. I have an iphone 4s that was jailbroken with eva5ion 6.01. Everything was working fine until last week when some of my apps decided not to work
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Broken file system - need help restoring - iphone 4s
    Any help appreciated.

I have an iphone 4s that was jailbroken with eva5ion 6.01. Everything was working fine until last week when some of my apps decided not to work anymore. Probably as a result of some modding in iFile.

Long story short, no matter what I do I cant get the apps to work normally anymore and want to start afresh.

I (probably foolishly) got annoyed and upgraded to 6.1.3, thinking that a firmware update would overwrite any corrupt information in the file registry. Unfortunately it hasnt and I am still experiencing issues. I did restore my personal info using a backup, not sure if that caused anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Restoring from backup usually doesn't go off without a hitch--and in this case, I'm guessing the backup brought back whatever nastiness was plaguing you in the past. Try restoring the phone from DFU mode, and setting it up as a new phone (you can copy back all your apps/music/movies et cetera).