Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems Upgrading to 6.1.3 on Jailbroken Tethered iPhone 4.3.4

Default [ FIXED ] Problems Upgrading to 6.1.3 on Jailbroken Tethered iPhone 4.3.4
    [FIXED] I got to restore I don't know how lol

Hey guys !

I am having a lot of difficulties upgrading to 6.1.3 on my iPhone 4 ( Jailbroken 4.3.4 Tethered Redsn0w ).
    First I did all my back-up through iExplorer and all that & later on I tried to restore using iTunes and it all went smoothly up until it showed the error 3194 so I look around and found out that it was some problem with my PC pointing to Cydia and not Apple and i looked in the HOSTS file and found no gs.apple.com and i also tried downloading tinyumbrella and when I checked the Advanced Tab and the " Set Host as Cydia " or something button wasn't even checked ... what can I do now, so then I used Redsn0w software to put my iPhone into DFU ( Knowing that it;s a pain in the *** because my jaiilbreak is tethered ). and when i tried restore it by doing (SHIFT + Restore ) while in DFU mode it showed the error 1601 ...

This is all annoying since I don't care about my jailbroken apps at all ... all I want to do it put my phone like it was brand new without any apps or music or message or anything , I don't care about my back up at all at this point I just want to remove this freakin annoying jailbreak ..

Could anyone help me?

I will keep logging in and I will answer any questions !

And if there are any safe other third party programs to restore it to factory settings I'd like to know ...

Thank you !
    Last edited by Lofti; 08-22-2013 at 02:47 PM.

*bump* please ..