+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Previously Jailbroken i5 - 10GB of "Other" Storage Remains

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So I have a 16GB i5, which was previously jailbroken, I think back during one of the first iOS6 versions. I don't quite remember what the version was. Then I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Previously Jailbroken i5 - 10GB of "Other" Storage Remains
    So I have a 16GB i5, which was previously jailbroken, I think back during one of the first iOS6 versions. I don't quite remember what the version was. Then I cracked my phone's screen, and used my AppleCare to have it replaced. I was then given a 6.1.4 i5. So now obviously I can't jailbreak it. But I still have a ton of jailbreak stuff on my phone apparently, as dictated by the 10GB of other storage I have when I open iTunes.

I want to delete it all, because there isn't going to be a jailbreak anytime soon. I'm a little iffy on restoring my phone through iTunes, because everytime I Do it, something goes wrong, or my backup just mysteriously disappears. I've actually done it before, and restored to my backup, and then the 10GB came back. Is there a way to clean out the phones cache storage (again with out a jailbreak) or something of the sort? Maybe to just clean up a little bit of space? I don't want to do a full clean wipe, because then I don't know how I'm going to get all my contacts and pictures back etc. I just don't trust iTunes to do it for me.

Has anybody done it and had success with it? Without losing anything and getting rid of all that stupid other storage? I could use any help that is available. Thanks.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

I did it a bunch of tunes iTunes will keep them and also iCloud to for contacts and all. If ya don't feel good about ya photos download copy from the AppStore it comes with 20gb of space that's where I store all my pics instead of them being on my phone. But to git rid of the other you will have to restore from new.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The problem I have with iCloud is that apparently it wants to backup all my other data. Because when I deselect every app in the iCloud backup list, and choose just to backup contacts and calendars, it's telling me the next backup size is 9.3GB. Well... I only have 5GB available, so of course that isn't going to work. Is there any way to get around that?

2k1
    Thanks

Dunno what's up with that. I can't think if iTunes saves contacts and all. Plug it in open iTunes and see I know it saves music and photos.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I did it a bunch of tunes iTunes will keep them and also iCloud to for contacts and all. If ya don't feel good about ya photos download copy from the AppStore it comes with 20gb of space that's where I store all my pics instead of them being on my phone. But to git rid of the other you will have to restore from new.
    So I restored as new and backed up some photos to Copy . Now how do I move the photos from copy back to my phone?

2k1
    Thanks

Open the picture bottom left icon looks like a box with an arrow click that and click save to camera roll