Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs get past activation and unlock (+Factory Unlock problems)

Default iPhone 3gs get past activation and unlock (+Factory Unlock problems)
    Hello! Earlier this year I posted another topic here explaining I wanted to upgrade to ios 5 or ios 6. However I thought it would be safer to get an unlock first so I can easily get past the activation screen. However my device should be unlocked but when I restore and/or go through the activation I get a message saying there is no sim. Now I am desperate. Even if I have to go back to awful ios 4.x and not be able to use modern apps, I just want to be able to use my phone. My serial is 5K0420XXXXX so I can be downgraded to the iPad baseband and such. Anyway I really need help by Monday. Even if I have to do a Teamviewer call with someone I don't even know I'll do it. Anyway, thanks in advance

Why don't you try to get another sim card, just maybe there is something wrong with it

It's obviously not the sim card, it was working perfectly when I was running ios 4.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krasniye View Post
    It's obviously not the sim card, it was working perfectly when I was running ios 4.1
    Well, if it's not the SIM card... yeah, let's not go down that road quite yet.

Do you have a second SIM card (active or dead, whatever carrier, doesn't matter) to test in your phone and a second phone to test your SIM in?

If we can isolate it down to your phone (can't read either SIM) or that SIM and phone combination, then the best bet would be a (or another) Pwned DFU restore to the iOS version of your choice, with a stock IPSW (stitch blobs if you need to, or use Cydia's server).

Another thing also, are you 100 % sure that your phone is unlocked.

Solved. I was running the iPad baseband for some odd reason. Downgrading fixed the issue