Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: IP4 jailbroken on 4.3.1 how to upgrade to 5+ for app support

  1. #1
    Default IP4 jailbroken on 4.3.1 how to upgrade to 5+ for app support
    Hey guys I've got an IPhone 4 jailbroken on 4.3.1 And most apps need iOS 5+ to work.
    So how can I update to a newer jailbreak?
    My power button doesn't work either.

  2. #2
    Without the power button hardly, but first of all, do you have any saved SHSH blobs in Cydia?

  3. #3
    When i go into cydia i go to "TSS Center (SHSH & APTicket)" i see SHSH iOS 4.3.3, 5.0.1, 5.1, 5.1.1, 5.1.1r1, 6.1.3 up the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Without the power button hardly, but first of all, do you have any saved SHSH blobs in Cydia?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Torker View Post
    When i go into cydia i go to "TSS Center (SHSH & APTicket)" i see SHSH iOS 4.3.3, 5.0.1, 5.1, 5.1.1, 5.1.1r1, 6.1.3 up the top.
    That is good to see for iOS 5+.

    The instructions are too long to type to get your phone into PWNED dfu mode so you can restore to iOS 5+......therefore, follow the instructions exactly on this youtube video to get your phone to a point where it can be restored:


    Then download the correct firmware (must match iOS SHSH blobs) for your correct device here:
    Firmware - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

    Then follow this youtube video to restore your phone back to whatever iOS 5+ you prefer:


    There is also a link in that youtube video to help you get the shsh blobs needed to restore, in case you dont know how.

  5. #5
    Hi EVO

    That first video is easy to follow to get it into DFU mode.

    But that second video doesn't show me how to restore to whatever iOS 5+. It shows me how to stitch my SHSH blob to a firmware.

    So basically do i do the 2nd video first (stitch Blob to ios 5.1.1 for untethered) then follow the 1st video to enter DFU mode then open redsn0w and click extras > even more > Restore and use the custom IPSW i just made? is this correct?
    Last edited by Torker; 08-08-2013 at 12:46 PM.

  6. #6
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,755
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 633 Times in 557 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Torker View Post
    Hi EVO

    That first video is easy to follow to get it into DFU mode.

    But that second video doesn't show me how to restore to whatever iOS 5+. It shows me how to stitch my SHSH blob to a firmware.

    So basically do i do the 2nd video first (stitch Blob to ios 5.1.1 for untethered) then follow the 1st video to enter DFU mode then open redsn0w and click extras > even more > Restore and use the custom IPSW i just made? is this correct?
    Your steps should get you through restoring the phone just fine. Good luck!

  7. #7
    Following those steps i get stuck while restoring the phone in redsn0w i get the error "found none of the expected files to stitch in IPSW" or if i let the baseband update i get "IPSW extraction failure"

    I tried stitching local and remote blobs didnt make a difference.

    How do i get my phone back to how it was before DFU mode if i cant fix the issue right now?

    UPDATE
    Ok i just restored to the normal 5.1.1 firmware.

    Then i jailbroke using this guide http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/05...e-2-0-windows/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWM9ExlAPiU

    Thanks everyone for you Help!
    Last edited by Torker; 08-10-2013 at 03:14 PM.

  8. #8
    My signal has been pretty bad since i did this, anyone know why?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Torker View Post
    My signal has been pretty bad since i did this, anyone know why?
    A jailbreak alone should not affect your signal.

    Have you installed any tweaks after the jailbreak?

  10. #10
    Do you mean whats installed from cydia heres what i got.
    http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3111/2tzq.jpg
    Last edited by Torker; 09-11-2013 at 01:07 AM.

  11. #11
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,755
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 633 Times in 557 Posts

    Yeah I think it's best if we all just pretend we didn't see those piracy applications.

    Anyway, what baseband version (check in Settings -> General -> About -> Modem Firmware) do y'all have on that iPhone?

  12. #12
    Oops sorry bout that. I got version 04.12.05

  13. #13
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,755
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 633 Times in 557 Posts

    Try installing ultrasn0w. While it won't unlock your phone, it also contains a fix for a bug that affects some basebands of the iPhone 4 only displaying one bar of service. Give it a crack?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •