Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading to iOS 5.0.1

Default Downgrading to iOS 5.0.1
    Hellow ,
    I have an iphone iphone 3gs , running ios 6.1.3 i have saved shsh with ifaith (4.0 , 4.1 , 4.3,5.0.1)i want a untethered jailbrake i hate that "just boot" thing , so my iphone is stock (not jailbroken) i have made an ipsw with 4.0 and 5.0.1 firmwares so i want to unlock this iphone eith ultrasn0w and use 5.0.1 firmware , the serial number is 880204JR3NR , so i need to install ios 5.0.1 and jailbrake & install ipad baseband and downgrade & ultrasn0w to make it work? Is any risk to brick my iphone?
    Sorry for bad english is not my main.

Thanks

Use redsn0w's Restore feature (Extras -> Even More -> Restore) to get to 5.0.1. Then jailbreak it with redsn0w's "Jailbreak" button, follow the instructions in the program. Once jailbroken, then run the "Jailbreak" in redsn0w again, making sure that the ONLY box checked is "Install iPad baseband." Once you've got the iPad baseband installed, run redsn0w's "Jailbreak" a third time, this time making sure the ONLY box checked is "Downgrade iPad baseband." Once that finishes, install ultrasn0w and you should be good.

In the future, please post questions of this nature in the iPhone Jailbreak section (the forum in which this thread now resides). Chit-chat is not an iPhone help forum.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

wezo3gs (08-15-2013)

Ok,thank you but now i faced a new issue, i tryed to downgradr my firmware but i got the error -1 after that i try again. And i got a time out usb error ore something lile that i can brick my iphone if i try to install this firmware for couples of times? Srry again for my bad english.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wezo3gs View Post
    Ok,thank you but now i faced a new issue, i tryed to downgradr my firmware but i got the error -1 after that i try again. And i got a time out usb error ore something lile that i can brick my iphone if i try to install this firmware for couples of times? Srry again for my bad english.
    Error -1 is normal if you chose not to preserve baseband at the redsnow restore part. You can either do the process again and choose to preserve baseband this time or after error -1 just use redsnow and do the fix recovery option.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

wezo3gs (08-15-2013)

Sorry , i typed wrong , i mean i tryed to downgradr ios version and itunes gives me that error i can bypass that ?

Thanks

Sorry , i typed wrong , i mean i tryed to downgradr ios version and itunes gives me that error i can bypass that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    or after error -1 just use redsnow and do the fix recovery option.
    this

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

wezo3gs (08-15-2013)

I don't understand what i need to do, i saved shsh blobs with i faith , i builed the custom ios , and now i need to open redsnow to do fix recovery and after that to try shift + click install ios 5.0.1?

Tell me step by step please.thank you!

Thanks

I don't understand what i need to do, i saved shsh blobs with i faith , i builed the custom ios , and now i need to open redsnow to do fix recovery and after that to try shift + click install ios 5.0.1?

Tell me step by step please.thank you!
    Orby gave you step by step. You did what he said and got error -1 correct? Do it again but this time after you get error -1 use redsnow and choose the fix recovery option.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

wezo3gs (08-15-2013)

Ok i will be back with an answear .

Think twice about jail breaking on 5.0.1, I have it on my 4s and I'm stuck there. Many apps will not run and require the newer OS.

im stuck waiting for a new JB so I can get my lost apps back.
    Formerly jpcamaro70

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IronSpider For This Useful Post:

wezo3gs (08-15-2013)

If i downgrade my os to 5.0.1 i will stick the phone to that ios with no chance to get back my 6.1.3?
    If that is true i can jailbrake my iphone and downgrade my baseband with 6.1.3?
    First step - restore iphone to a fresh ios
    2nd step - jailbrake iphone
    3rd step - install cydia
    4th step - only install ipad baseband
    5th step - only downgrade ipad baseband
    6th step - install ultrasn0w
    Is any chance to brick my iphone if i follow this steps?

Thanks

You can get back to iOS 6.1.3 if you'd like, but at this moment that would be a tethered jailbreak.
    Your list of steps is accurate, and there is a very small (almost zero) chance of damaging your iPhone with this procedure if performed correctly.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

wezo3gs (08-15-2013)

I understand now , i put all of this questions because i don't want to brick anything , i want to be 100% sure if this is good , so 10x for your time , i will be back with a post after i done the process.

Thanks

I understand now , i put all of this questions because i don't want to brick anything , i want to be 100% sure if this is good , so 10x for your time , i will be back with a post after i done the process.
    Dude there is not a 0.0001 % chance of bricking your iPhone !
    I've done these steps like a hundred times ! All the steps told by Orby are accurate !
    Perform them and you are good to go

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Danilish For This Useful Post:

wezo3gs (08-15-2013)

My serial is good?

Thanks

My serial is good?
    Yes, the 06.15.00 baseband is only a problem for devices made after July 3rd of 2011. Yours was manufactured in 2010.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

wezo3gs (08-15-2013)

I'm so excited , i need to wait 2 more day's to fix my mac and i will good to go.

Thanks

Well! Good Luck

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Danilish For This Useful Post:

wezo3gs (08-15-2013)

Hellow,so i try to restore with redsnow 0.9.15b3 with my ifaith ipsw,but it failed with an error.
    so i downloaded a fresh ipsw 5.0.1 i select extras - shsh blobs - stitch - ipsw (i selected the new fresh ipsw 5.0.1) - local - i maked a new custom ipsw with redsnow , now i go back to restore option (extras-even more- restore) and now it ask me for a prevend baseband update i clicked yes so it tell's me to do enter in dfu mode to restore it , so now i will do this and i will get here back with a result,tell me , that steps are good?

So , i do the steps and he fill that blue bar , ("bla bla bla ", waiting for reboot) and it kicks me to the previous page , that page with IPSW , Local BLOBS etc) and nothing happen , so i checked the web and i saw some vids , and in that vids after this will pop up a bar and "bla bla bla "
    Hey , i used redsnow , i clicked extras - even more- i clicked ipsw - i clicked the stock 5.0.1 ipsw , i put the cell phone in Pwned dfu mode , the blue bar was showed , it prepare the ipsw after that something iBSS after iBEC and BOOM redsnow stop responding , i get that in redsnow beta 1 , beta 2 , beta 3 , so i pissed off , so what can i do now ?
    I want to say something for every "newbie" , if u don't know all the facts , all the risks, all the steps,all the consequences of "hacking" (this is not hacking , this is a software high-end) , Do not try to do anything because u will brick something or you will go crazy , i did not complete the downgrade , because this is a f*&^ing bull&&&& , i can't do this , so i decide to restore to 6.1.3 stock , use redsnow 0.09.15beta3 to jailbrake my iphone 3GS , and now i will get a shot to install the ipad baseband,now i waiting "FLASHING BASEBAND (don't Interrupt!) ... so i will get back with a post.
    Last edited by wezo3gs; 08-09-2013 at 06:25 PM.

-picture.png
    Btw , thankyou for your time,it worked like a charm,but now i had faced a new problem , i get some blank sms with "Unknown" name , and i did not recive any message , and sometimes my signal is restarting or something like that , what should i do?
    My Baseband is 06.15.00 may i need to do a downgrade baseband?
    i Downgraded the baseband now i wait to reboot.
    Last edited by wezo3gs; 08-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast