Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking a jailbroken 4S with 6.1.2

Question Unlocking a jailbroken 4S with 6.1.2
    Thanks, in advance, for your help. I'm heading to the UK in a few days and I just want to purchase a prepaid SIM to get service while I'm there. My phone is a 4S running 6.1.2 and jailbroken. I've already received notification from AT&T that my phone can be unlocked but I want to make sure everything will be as I suspect. If I unlock the phone using my current AT&T SIM, can I just put a new pay as you go SIM in the phone when I get to the UK and it'll work or do I have to go through a process with the phone connected to my computer to get the SIM activated? Also, once I unlock it, will jailbreaking it again hinder using any other carrier's SIM? Anything else I should know?

Thanks again!

Thanks

If your phone has been unlocked by AT&T (or a third-party service), you should just be able to put the UK SIM in your device, reboot, and you should be good to go (you may need a Wi-Fi network to complete the activation process, though). Just make sure that the unlock has gone through before you leave for the UK, otherwise you may be stuck without service in a foreign country.

The unlock is totally separate from the jailbreak, so you should be A-OK to jailbreak again.

Awesome. Thanks!

On a related note, do you know of an easy way to "backup" jailbreak tweaks? I tried one once (don't remember the name of the app) and it didn't work at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jokerusn View Post
    Awesome. Thanks!

On a related note, do you know of an easy way to "backup" jailbreak tweaks? I tried one once (don't remember the name of the app) and it didn't work at all.
    Not really, as I tend to eschew fanciness like that for good ol' pen and paper. You could try APTBackup, PkgBackup, iBye, or OpenBackup...