+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Sn0wbreeze firmware - iTunes 28 or 3194 error

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have 4 different iPhone 3Gs phones. Some are on the old boot rom and some are on the new boot rom. The iOS versions are all different, ranging from
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS Sn0wbreeze firmware - iTunes 28 or 3194 error
    I have 4 different iPhone 3Gs phones. Some are on the old boot rom and some are on the new boot rom. The iOS versions are all different, ranging from 4.1 to 5.1.1. I have not been unable to restore any of them using stock or custom sn0wbreeze firmware. I've tried iFaith, Tiny Umbrella, and several different versions of Redsn0w. I've been able to jailbreak and unlock these types of phones in the past, but recently I've been having a lot of problems. I usually get iTunes error 3194 or 28. I know that usually has to do the hosts file but I've tried all the solutions I've found online and none them work. I tried editing the hosts file, creating a blank one, and deleting it completely. I've also tried different computers and different internet connections ( I have roadrunner at work and DSL at home, both with different routers) I've also seen in the past that a bad battery can be a problem, so I put together a test housing with all new parts but I still have the problem. I've also tried different USB ports and cables. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Please help me out?

Thanks

Thanks

Are the phones you have jailbroken?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would assume so but I can't get past the recovery screen so I'm not sure. Is there a way to check modem firmware with out getting into the phone? Or another method to see if its jailbroken? I tried using Tiny Umbrella to exit recovery mode but that didn't work either. I tried restoring just stock firmware on 2 of them but I still get the 3194 error.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can these errors be caused by hardware issues? Please help me out...

Thanks

Try to restore to IOS 4.1, since Apple is still signing it and you don't need any SHSH blobs. Forget about JB for now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for responding. I tried to restore the stock 4.1 firmware and I got error 20.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneus View Post
    Thanks for responding. I tried to restore the stock 4.1 firmware and I got error 20.
    That Error 20 seems to come up after multiple failed downgrade attempts. The only piece of advice I can offer is "make sure you're starting your downgrade process from normal DFU mode and try again."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was having problems getting into DFU mode so I swapped screens with a different 3GS. That worked and I was able to get into DFU mode but when I tried to restore 4.1 I got error 21. I also tried pwned DFU mode but I got the same error.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A strange thing I forgot to mention is that iTunes says preparing to restore then iPhone screen turns white then I get the error msg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After a couple hours of research and trying several different attempts to restore I think the iPhone has a corrupt NOR and can not be repaired. The other one I have I was able to finally get past error 23 by simply just rejailbreaking it with Redsn0w. I can get into the iOS but a msg pops up saying that I need to restore. I checked the phone info and it is running 5.1.1 but the modem firmware is blank. The Bluetooth address is also all zeroes and Wifi option can not be turned on. Definitely looks like a hardware problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks

After a couple hours of research and trying several different attempts to restore I think the iPhone has a corrupt NOR and can not be repaired. The other one I have I was able to finally get past error 23 by simply just rejailbreaking it with Redsn0w. I can get into the iOS but a msg pops up saying that I need to restore. I checked the phone info and it is running 5.1.1 but the modem firmware is blank. The Bluetooth address is also all zeroes and Wifi option can not be turned on. Definitely looks like a hardware problem. Any suggestions?
    Corrupt baseband NOR sounds like a spot-on diagnosis. Short of replacing the baseband daughterboard (or the main logic board... or Apple replacing the whole thing with their warranty program), we're probably looking at a new iPhone-shaped paperweight.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any suggestions on the second iPhone running 5.1.1. After I was able to get back into the iOS it reboots itself after about 5 minutes...

Thanks

Any suggestions on the second iPhone running 5.1.1. After I was able to get back into the iOS it reboots itself after about 5 minutes...
    Hmm. That symptom is harder to pin down... it could be bad SHSH blobs, perhaps a shoddy battery, the OS could be throwing a fit, etc.

DFU restore to whatever you've got SHSH blobs for (iFaith or redsn0w to snag the 5.1.1 blobs if you don't have them saved already) and see what happens?