+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore 4S on jailbroken 5.1.1 to stock 5.1.1

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So I've read all over the place about this and even though I have my SHSH blobs for 5.1.1, since the 4S uses the A5 processor I can't stitch into
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restore 4S on jailbroken 5.1.1 to stock 5.1.1
    So I've read all over the place about this and even though I have my SHSH blobs for 5.1.1, since the 4S uses the A5 processor I can't stitch into an IPSW with Redsnow cause I am missing my APticket (right?). TU doesn't seem to help with this issue, does ifaith have more functionalilty?

I guess my question is if there is any way to get back to a stock IOS without updating to 6.x.x.

What I am actually trying to solve is that if I play music on my phone, if the phone goes into sleep mode then the spring board crashes. I've removed virtually all of my cydia apps with no change to this issue.

I guess alternatively, can I remove the jailbreak without doing a restore?

Thx for any help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dude just re-jailbreak. Open the program and plug in your phone and let the process complete again. Your file system will be remounted and voila! Don't try to restore or anything like I said just plug the phone in and let the jailbreak run again.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,384 Times in 5,999 Posts

If you saved you blobs, then I'm not sure why you can't use redsnow to re-restore to 5.1.1. I did it several times with my 4s prior to there being a jail break for iOS 6.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

Question: Does re-jailbreaking just update the JB files and not the IOS FW?

I was figuring that I would have the best luck with solving my issue by starting from scratch entirely, but to your point the issue with the springboard crash is only when mobilesubstrate is not in safe mode, so that implies that the base FW is ok and the issue is with the JB portion of the process.

The reason that I can't restore to 5.1.1 even though I have blobs is something to do with APTickets. You may have had success if you were restoring during the period that Apple was still signing the 5.1.1 FW before 6.x was released, but I think if you tried it now, you would have the same issues I see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulinvan View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Question: Does re-jailbreaking just update the JB files and not the IOS FW?

I was figuring that I would have the best luck with solving my issue by starting from scratch entirely, but to your point the issue with the springboard crash is only when mobilesubstrate is not in safe mode, so that implies that the base FW is ok and the issue is with the JB portion of the process.

The reason that I can't restore to 5.1.1 even though I have blobs is something to do with APTickets. You may have had success if you were restoring during the period that Apple was still signing the 5.1.1 FW before 6.x was released, but I think if you tried it now, you would have the same issues I see.
    You're spot-on with APTickets fouling up most restores of A5+ devices, except with one caveat: if you restored to 5.1.1 (as opposed to upgraded or got it new out of the box that way), you likely can use redsn0w's re-restore to 5.1.1 even today, due to an exploit harnessed by redsn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

interesting about the potential to re-restore 5.1.1, I think I may have started with 5.1.1 stock on this phone as I got it in May last year.

If the redsnow re-restore is workable, would I still need to stich my IPSW?

King_o_Hill,

Does the RAT work to go back to stock OS on 5.1.1? Seems like it might, but I guess per above comments I could also just rerun the JB from redsnow?

Thx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulinvan View Post
    interesting about the potential to re-restore 5.1.1, I think I may have started with 5.1.1 stock on this phone as I got it in May last year.

If the redsnow re-restore is workable, would I still need to stich my IPSW?

King_o_Hill,

Does the RAT work to go back to stock OS on 5.1.1? Seems like it might, but I guess per above comments I could also just rerun the JB from redsnow?

Thx
    If the re-restore works, you will not need to stitch your blobs, as Cydia should handle that for you.

While RAT should work on 5.1.1, it will not affect any core system files (which I think are the issue here). Therefore, it probably won't solve our issue (nor will re-jailbreaking with redsn0w without restoring, most likely).

EDIT: Window's now closed. Don't try it.
    Last edited by Orby; 07-25-2013 at 09:24 PM.