Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
07-21-2013, 02:16 AM #1How to downgrade on any firmware, must be jailbroken! EVEN TETHERED ON IOS 6.1.3!!
If you are jailbroken on iOS 6.1.3 tethered, then this will work for you as well. You don't need to be in a boot tether as well, just be jailbroken.
1) Download iFunBox for Mac or Windows! (No download required because it may be taken down!)
2) Connect your device and turn it on to the program iFunBox
3) Click on Raw File System, System, Library, CoreServices.
4) Then you need to download a plist editor!
5) Click on SystemVersion.plist
6. On there they is two files you should edit! (ProductBuildVersion) (ProductVersion)
Info for the next bit:
Edit the firmware number but get your firmware build as well or it won't work!!
Vulnerability in device found by @PROhelpOUT so follow him on twitter, or you wouldn't have this!
Thanks for reading and hope ths helps, jailb34k.
07-22-2013, 02:37 PM #2
Hi, yes this alters your iOS version number, but not your firmware. It can be handy if you want to buy something from Cydia which is meant for a different iOS version than you are on, but I wouldn't install anything without putting the version numbers back and rebooting first!