+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone behaving strangely. reinstall cydia possible?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have a 4s jail broken on 6.1.2 and it has been just lovely ever since I jail broke it when it came out. a few weeks ago I stumbled
    Thanks

Default iPhone behaving strangely. reinstall cydia possible?
    I have a 4s jail broken on 6.1.2 and it has been just lovely ever since I jail broke it when it came out.

a few weeks ago I stumbled across a method to make cydia multitask, so I enabled it. it was nice and I made sure to close out cydia after I was done using it.

I've been noticing that after a while of being on, my phone would start to lag. there is a delay sometimes with the touch response. and notification center would pull down slllowww, or laggy or get stuck halfway or all the way down. sometimes notification center wont pull down in an app. id have to exit the app. I just removed ncenough, I thought maybe that was the problem? not sure. also just got yourtube. these are the recent cydia apps I got. I also got smudge but since removed it. when I reboot the phone, then it's fine.

I also just downloaded cleanerpro and I'm noticing I typically have 8mb or less of available memory. when I clean it, frees up about 220mb or so. is this amount of available memory typical for a 4s? Seems kinda low, i don't run anything in the background unless I'm in the car playing music.

idk why but I think modifying cydia to multitask could have done this? can I reinstall cydia? is that possible? maybe rerun the jb?
    Last edited by patoons; 07-05-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks

I'd personally start uninstalling tweaks in reverse chronological order and see when things start getting less laggy. You can start with the multitasking tweak if you'd like, since AFAIK Cydia is fully configured to use iOS 6's native multitasking when applicable.

As a last resort, you can use something like iLEX Restore or Semi-Restore to essentially wipe the device clean of all tweaks and user data to a freshly-jailbroken state. However, Cydia can't be reinstalled easily.

Thanks

found the problem.

subtlelock. after I uninstalled it I noticed improvement right away. then googled recent results and many ppl are having problems with their latest update. dev is aware of it and I guess they're working on an update.

the only lingering issue is that sometimes, while in an app, notification center does not pull down. I can exit, then relaunch the app and it will work.

anyone else with subtlelock?
    Last edited by patoons; 07-07-2013 at 03:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks so much for your post. I was going nuts trying to figure out why my phone would slow down after a while. I would reboot and after a few hours it would stutter and lag like crazy.

I have just uninstalled subtlelock and hopefully it solves my problem as well.