+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4s restore/error/ help needed please anyone

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Basically my Iphone 4s went on a recovery mode and now on itunes is displaying the error -1....and I don't know what to do...the only thing showing on screen is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Iphone 4s restore/error/ help needed please anyone
    Basically my Iphone 4s went on a recovery mode and now on itunes is displaying the error -1....and I don't know what to do...the only thing showing on screen is the ITunes logo with the cable...now I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THEM METHODS from tiny umbrella to redsnow to ifaith to snowbreeze anything you can possibly think about yet nothing is working....plus I even think tinyumbrella is not recognizing my device since its saying Device NOT CONNECTED...I actually don't know what to do...

i DON'T MIND IF I LOSE my data i just need to turn it back on at least

if its any help I am using the latest version of Itunes and IOS 6.1.3

PLEASE HELP ME
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iphone 4s restore/error/ help needed please anyone-untitled.png  

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Ya tried to put ya phone in dfu mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Ya tried to put ya phone in dfu mode?

I tried but it doesn't respond to dfu mode it goes back to screen with the logo on itunes

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by socioclaudio View Post
    I tried but it doesn't respond to dfu mode it goes back to screen with the logo on itunes
    do you know u can use ireb to fix it! and then put ur phone in dfu mode and restore...^^ what ver do u use?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jitwru View Post
    do you know u can use ireb to fix it! and then put ur phone in dfu mode and restore...^^ what ver do u use?
    where do i find Ireb? and VER? if u mean version is 6.1.3

Green Apple
    Thanks

where do i find Ireb? and VER? if u mean version is 6.1.3
    version of fw u'r using now? 6.1.3? what error in itunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

version of fw u'r using now? 6.1.3? what error in itunes?
    yes 6.1.3 and error 3194 or -1 sometimes it varies

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes 6.1.3 and error 3194 or -1 sometimes it varies
    u put on normal mode now and then u put on dfu mode and restore....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey there, the problem could be because of a modified hosts file. Go to gs.apple.com. If you see anything related to cydia, follow this guide and try step 2. iOS: Restore error 3194 or 'This device isn't eligible for the requested build'

Surge

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

u put on normal mode now and then u put on dfu mode and restore....
    how do u put it in normal mode? it's not letting me do anything at all....I can only see the logo and the cable I tried put into dfu mode and its not working

Green Apple
    Thanks

how do u put it in normal mode? it's not letting me do anything at all....I can only see the logo and the cable I tried put into dfu mode and its not working
    u'r at recovery mode! how to fix it! u can use ireb http://qwertyoruiop.com/static/mirror/iREB-r7.zip
    and then u put on dfu mode by ireb! try it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

u'r at recovery mode! how to fix it! u can use ireb http://qwertyoruiop.com/static/mirror/iREB-r7.zip
    and then u put on dfu mode by ireb! try it!
    I tried but It don't work plus I have got an Iphone 4s...THERE'S no option for that there's only up to iphone 4 this is just causing me pain

Thanks

The only way out of this hole right now I'm thinking is DFU. DFU is designed to be accessed under (almost) any circumstance. Plug your iPhone into the computer first, then initiate a hard reset (hold both power and home until the silver Apple logo appears, let go of both buttons briefly. Then push down both home and power for ten more seconds, afterwards let go of the power button but keep holding the home button for fifteen additional seconds or until iTunes notifies you that a device was connected in recovery mode (actually you're in DFU at this point).

Those alternating -1 and 3194 errors are leading me to believe that you've got something blocking your computer from communicating with Apple's TSS Server normally... please verify you have absolutely no entries in your hosts file (/etc/hosts on OS X, %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on any Windows NT based system since 2000) for "gs.apple.com". Delete any that exist currently and try the DFU entry and restore from there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The only way out of this hole right now I'm thinking is DFU. DFU is designed to be accessed under (almost) any circumstance. Plug your iPhone into the computer first, then initiate a hard reset (hold both power and home until the silver Apple logo appears, let go of both buttons briefly. Then push down both home and power for ten more seconds, afterwards let go of the power button but keep holding the home button for fifteen additional seconds or until iTunes notifies you that a device was connected in recovery mode (actually you're in DFU at this point).

Those alternating -1 and 3194 errors are leading me to believe that you've got something blocking your computer from communicating with Apple's TSS Server normally... please verify you have absolutely no entries in your hosts file (/etc/hosts on OS X, %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on any Windows NT based system since 2000) for "gs.apple.com". Delete any that exist currently and try the DFU entry and restore from there.
    Believe me I tried all of this...I deleted last line lines from hosts in the notepad...saved the name file differently...made copies of the same file with different name nothing seems to be working....all I can do is get it in DFU mode through snowbreeze and that's it....even then I'm lucky because snowbreeze only allows up to iphone 4 and mine is a 4s so I don't know what else do

Thanks

Alright, two loose ends I'd like to quickly check:

1) What IP address do you get as the responding server when you try to ping "gs.apple.com"? To run a ping, open Terminal on OS X (Applications -> Utilities ->Terminal) and type "ping -c 5 gs.apple.com" without quotes. On Windows, open up the Command Prompt (Windows key + R, then type "cmd" without quotes) and type "ping gs.apple.com" again without quotes.

2) Is your ECID accurately depicted in that screenshot (0x2DC3888D)? If so, that's well short of the range of ECIDs I've ever seen issued by Apple (0x02000000000 - 0x40000000000)...