Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How to] downgrade 6.15 baseband to normal baseband

Thanks
    Thanked 15,486 Times in 7,088 Posts

Default [How to] downgrade 6.15 baseband to normal baseband
    This is for those people that have a 3GS and had previously installed 6.15 baseband and want to downgrade their baseband back to a normal baseband so that an official unlock can be done. So end result will be a 3GS on 6.1.3 officially unlocked (no jailbreak required).

Need:
    Redsnow 0.9.15b3:
    Mac: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1
    Windows: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1

iPhone 3GS 6.0 firmware: iPhone 3GS 6.0 - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

1: Put iPhone into DFU mode by plugging it in and holding home and power button for 10 seconds, then let go of power and keep holding home button for an additional 10 settings.

2: Open redsnow 0.9.15b3, at the bottom it should tell you if you have old or new bootrom, remember this, it is important for step 4.

3: Click on Extras then Select IPSW, a window will open where you should point redsnow to the 6.0 firmware you downloaded (it has to be 6.0, even if you are on 6.1.3).

4: When redsnow ask if you have newer fixed model 3GS answer yes if you have new bootrom or no if you have old bootrom.

5: Press back and select jailbreak. A list will pop up soon asking what you want to do, choose only the option to downgrade baseband, then click next.

6: Sit back and let redsnow to its thing.

7: Once the phone comes back on go into settings/general/about and confirm you have 5.13.04 modem firmware (baseband).

8: Assuming it was successful open iTunes and restore the phone to 6.1.3. Your official unlock should activate after the restore.

IMPORTANT: if you are using redsnow on Windows 7 or Vista Before starting step 1 right-click on the redsnow.exe file and select properties. Click on the compatibility tab and check the boxes under run as admin and run in windows xp compatibility mode. Then you can proceed to open redsnow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

2k1 (07-03-2013), vkunj (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Thank you Simon will use this for people love your tutorials!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Simon (07-03-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

tks 4 simon! do u know ! i cant unlock iphone 3gs my friend bb 6.15 with fw 6.1.3 ^^! i downgraded 6.1.3 to 4.1 and jb + downgrade bb 5.13.04 and then .... up to 6.1.3 again and using ultrasn0w to unlock ...so stupid and .... lost many time..tk 4 again!

Doesn't work on iPhone 3G with 4.1,4.2 FW selected..

Thanks
    Thanked 15,486 Times in 7,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SanoShaker View Post
    Doesn't work on iPhone 3G with 4.1,4.2 FW selected..
    What firmware is the phone on?

Phone is on 4.1 FW.. tried with 4.2.1 too.. doesn't work.. full story HELP please! iPhone 3G cant downgrade baseband 6.15.00 to unlockable one..

I have a iphone 3g with 312 firrmwarer and 615 baseband. after it was jailbroke i had to install tether me to gwr cellulad data network to be able to send pics. now i dont have wifi or gps/ will this work to get wifi and gps back or do u have any suggestions to fix this

Thanks...