+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 stuck on iOS 7 cannot restore to iOS 6.1.3

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello, I recently downloaded iOS 7 to my iPad 2. unbeknownst to me, I hit opt+click on restore, rather than update. So now I have iOS 7 but I'm not
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 stuck on iOS 7 cannot restore to iOS 6.1.3
    Hello, I recently downloaded iOS 7 to my iPad 2. unbeknownst to me, I hit opt+click on restore, rather than update. So now I have iOS 7 but I'm not a registered developer. I have tried to put it into recovery mode and restore back to iOS 6.1.3 but it either gives me Error #14 or it says "firmware was corrupted. Try again" Please help as I use this iPad a lot!

Thank you
    (P.S. I have tried many times and it seems it's impossible to put a device on iOS 7 into DFU mode)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doublex14 View Post
    Hello, I recently downloaded iOS 7 to my iPad 2. unbeknownst to me, I hit opt+click on restore, rather than update. So now I have iOS 7 but I'm not a registered developer. I have tried to put it into recovery mode and restore back to iOS 6.1.3 but it either gives me Error #14 or it says "firmware was corrupted. Try again" Please help as I use this iPad a lot!

Thank you
    (P.S. I have tried many times and it seems it's impossible to put a device on iOS 7 into DFU mode)
    Please rest assured, DFU mode and its traditional button-press entry are burned into the physical processor of the iPad, and cannot be removed by any software update. DFU mode is definitely the best avenue to proceed with... make sure the device is plugged in via USB to your computer first, then turn the device off (using a hard reset if necessary), then begin the DFU entry protocol (ten seconds holding both Power and Home, then approximately fifteen seconds holding just Home or until iTunes reports a device connected in Recovery Mode).

You may also want to redownload the 6.1.3 IPSW file for your iPad 2 (Wi-Fi only, GSM model, CDMA model, or the Wi-Fi Revision A model).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Please rest assured, DFU mode and its traditional button-press entry are burned into the physical processor of the iPad, and cannot be removed by any software update. DFU mode is definitely the best avenue to proceed with... make sure the device is plugged in via USB to your computer first, then turn the device off (using a hard reset if necessary), then begin the DFU entry protocol (ten seconds holding both Power and Home, then approximately fifteen seconds holding just Home or until iTunes reports a device connected in Recovery Mode).

You may also want to redownload the 6.1.3 IPSW file for your iPad 2 (Wi-Fi only, GSM model, CDMA model, or the Wi-Fi Revision A model).
    Thank you! It worked!