Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help upgrading and rejailbreaking my iphone 4 4.3.3 using gevey sim as unlock!

Default Need help upgrading and rejailbreaking my iphone 4 4.3.3 using gevey sim as unlock!
    Hello! I need help updating my jailbroken iphone 4 which is very out of date, it is firmware 4.3.3 with baseband 04.10.01, i would like to update to the newest firmware 6.1.3 but i hear it only has a teathered jailbreak so i would like to update to 6.1.2 to jailbreak it with an unteathered jailbreak while preserving my baseband for my gevey sim unlock. Please help me step by step to update to 6.1.2 while preserving my baseband. Also if there is a way to unlock it for free so that i don't have to use the gevey sim that would amazing!!! Thank u for taking the time!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

First of all make sure you have the shsh blobs saved on ya computer for that firmware if not. Then you will have to go to 6.1.3 and have a tethered jailbreak.

I would suggest gitting ya phone unlocked by IMEI and one of the mods on the site can help you with that. What carrier are you on?

my phone is locked to canada's telus but i'm using it in egypt with mobinil with the gevey sim!

Thanks

ok we will work on that ill contact him and see what he can do

do you have any shsh blobs for 6.1.2?

Don't even know what SHSH blobs are... Thanks a lot btw for the quick replies!!!

Thanks

If ya don't know what they are. I wouldn't think ya ever saved the shsh blobs for them. Waiting to here back for the guy that could unlock ya phone. Ill give ya him his website.

http://ideviceguys.com/products-page/unlocks/

I kind of was looking for something without a charge because it will be hard for me to pay being out of canada!

Thanks

Well that will be the best bet is to go that way. So you wouldn't have to worry about say you update ya phone and forgit to preserve ya baseband you phone will be an iPod till fixed.