+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] Iphone boots, and connects to computer, and itunes, only apple logo shows!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Okay, so this is a weird problem. I thought my iphone was stuck in a boot loop, until i plugged it into my mac. then suddenly image capture pops up.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [HELP] Iphone boots, and connects to computer, and itunes, only apple logo shows!
    Okay, so this is a weird problem. I thought my iphone was stuck in a boot loop, until i plugged it into my mac. then suddenly image capture pops up. And i can open it all. Like all my files are there. So it goes to full brightness logo. Then goes to low brightness logo. and thats when it registers as active, or mountable to my computer. I can fully change the files in SSH such as iexplorer and funbox, but it was working before. All i did was respring and it got stuck there. Didnt even change anything. I have tried booting it into safemode with the volume button but i still get the damn low brightness apple logo. It must be a screen problem. Or something!

TLR Iphone turns on and mounts, but nothing on screen but apple logo, brightness settings register too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uberllama View Post
    Okay, so this is a weird problem. I thought my iphone was stuck in a boot loop, until i plugged it into my mac. then suddenly image capture pops up. And i can open it all. Like all my files are there. So it goes to full brightness logo. Then goes to low brightness logo. and thats when it registers as active, or mountable to my computer. I can fully change the files in SSH such as iexplorer and funbox, but it was working before. All i did was respring and it got stuck there. Didnt even change anything. I have tried booting it into safemode with the volume button but i still get the damn low brightness apple logo. It must be a screen problem. Or something!

TL;DR Iphone turns on and mounts, but nothing on screen but apple logo, brightness settings register too.
    If you can get an SSH session, try a "reboot" command as root, or uninstall MobileSubstrate (apt-get remove mobilesubstrate). If that doesn't do it, you can try semi-restore but please be aware that this is designed to wipe your device totally clean of all your user data and customizations, as if you restored it and re-jailbroke it from scratch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i set up an SSH connection? does that involve going into the phone, because i can go through the filesystem in iexplorer and it connects to the computer as if its perfectly fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uberllama View Post
    how do i set up an SSH connection? does that involve going into the phone, because i can go through the filesystem in iexplorer and it connects to the computer as if its perfectly fine.
    SSH is what you may know as "MobileTerminal" on the iPhone. If OpenSSH is installed in Cydia, download PuTTY for Windows (or use Terminal in Applications -> Utilities on OS X) and log in as the root user (password is 'alpine' without the quotes unless you've changed it).

You'll need to know what your iPhone's IP address is however, which may be challenging if you don't have it set statically or can't access it via your router's logs...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone 3gs was working just fine but never was able to connect to the internet, which forced me to restore. Now it wont activate nor show anything but "chose your country region" and the bold word iPhone moving back and forth and I've got no clue what to do. Any help pls?

Thanks

I'm assuming that touching the country or region of your residence and hitting the button in the top-right corner isn't working well?

While it is possible your baseband chip is shot, if memory serves, an Internet connection isn't required until after you've had the opportunity to select a Wi-Fi network and you try to activate the iPhone (which can alternatively be done via iTunes if you can't get internet access on the iPhone). You can try rebooting the device, however, this is one of those things that either "just works" or is a massive headache.