+ Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cannot remove sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello everyone, First of all, this is my first post ever, so please go easy on me. Thanks : -) I currently have a sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak running on iPhone
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Cannot remove sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak
    Hello everyone,

    First of all, this is my first post ever, so please go easy on me. Thanks : -)

    I currently have a sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak running on iPhone 4 iOS6.0.1...and would now like to have the Evasi0n untethered jailbreak. However, my attempts at restoring completely or throwing away the sn0wbreeze tethered JB fail miserably.

    I get itunes error (sometimes 11, 21, 1601, 1602, 1013 or 3194). I tried several things - used redsnow, tinyumbrella...saved my SHSH blobs too...done everything really but still no go. My SHSH blob is verified but whenever I tried to use it with Redsnow for a restore it gives an error again! I edited my host file too. I tried lots of things from any help I could read on forums, and even youtube videos too.

    And oh my Cydia isn't working fine, as in when I search for Evasi0n (or any other app) package it won't load anything, so I can't install that either.

    If only my tethered JB was a redsnow one (instead of the sn0wbreeze) it would have been easily upgraded to an Untethered one, but I suppose sn0wbreeze operates differently so am in real trouble. I have been trying to fix this for a week now.

    If I just restored it without the shift+restore and do the default/automatic restore then it would have been successfully restored BUT that would mean it would automatically upgrade to ioS 6.1.3 (which isn't an Untethered JB), right?. I tried to snitch/customise on redsnow but still no go.

    Can anyone help me please? Thank you very much.

    P.S A detailed instruction will be really appreciated.

    Device: iPhone 4; version 6.0.1 (BB 04.12.02); iTunes version 11; OS -windows 7


    Regards,
    Kate

  2. #2
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,686
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 571 Times in 522 Posts

    Try performing a "tethered boot" with redsn0w on your iPhone 4 (in redsn0w, Extras -> Just Boot), then see if Cydia loads up for you when the device reboots (at which point we can try installing the evasi0n untether package on your phone--just touch this link on your jailbroken iPhone).

    There's another way we can get the evasi0n untether package on your device if we can't get Cydia to behave... however, it's slightly more complicated. If we have to go this route, and I refer to "accessing the device's filesystem via iFile or another SFTP program like Transmit or Cyberduck," are you comfortable with that procedure?

  3. #3
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    +1. But I just wanted to add that if you're verifying your SHSHs with Redsn0w, it isn't accurate. It will tell you it's valid and the APticket is complete, but in some cases it really isn't. The only reliable way of verifying, at least that I've used, is iFaith. It will download your available SHSHs from Cydia, then tell you whether it is valid or not. If you have saved your SHSHs locally prior and was not dependent on pulling them from Cydia, then perhaps your execution method was out of order.

    I would do as Orby says though, it's a lot easier than trying to do this SHSH stuff (unless you're wanting to upgrade from 6.0.1).

  4. #4
    Evil Genius bbrks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    969
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 196 Times in 148 Posts

    There was nothing wrong with your Snowbreeze tethered JB. All you needed to do was, go to Cydia and install Evasion untethered "add on". If it is not to late, try to perform first iLex Rat procedure, if everything goes well, you will be able to open Cydia and install Evasion 6.0 - 6.1.2 untethered.

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Try performing a "tethered boot" with redsn0w on your iPhone 4 (in redsn0w, Extras -> Just Boot), then see if Cydia loads up for you when the device reboots (at which point we can try installing the evasi0n untether package on your phone--just touch this link on your jailbroken iPhone).

    There's another way we can get the evasi0n untether package on your device if we can't get Cydia to behave... however, it's slightly more complicated. If we have to go this route, and I refer to "accessing the device's filesystem via iFile or another SFTP program like Transmit or Cyberduck," are you comfortable with that procedure?
    Hi Orby,

    Thank you very much for your input. I followed your instruction but on trying to 'tethered boot' with redsn0w, it got stuck (screen shot attached) so I had to reboot with Sn0wbreeze the normal way to have my phone up and running again.

    I'm not familiar with Transmit or Cyberduck but if you could provide me a detailed instruction, I'm up for trying it out. At this point I'd do anything to have a hassle-free Untethered Evasi0n JB.

    My current tethered JB also is giving me lots of problems - cydia 'search' not working ( can't install any app at all, just won't load; cydia itself will display errors whenever it's loaded)...some apps like AnyRing not working. Then the phone 'search' itself not working either and other lil problems. So yea I long for a fully restored or fresh JB by all means.

    Cannot remove sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak-scr-shot.png

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    +1. But I just wanted to add that if you're verifying your SHSHs with Redsn0w, it isn't accurate. It will tell you it's valid and the APticket is complete, but in some cases it really isn't. The only reliable way of verifying, at least that I've used, is iFaith. It will download your available SHSHs from Cydia, then tell you whether it is valid or not. If you have saved your SHSHs locally prior and was not dependent on pulling them from Cydia, then perhaps your execution method was out of order.

    I would do as Orby says though, it's a lot easier than trying to do this SHSH stuff (unless you're wanting to upgrade from 6.0.1).
    Hi i.Annie
    Yes, it did tell the SHSH's valid and the APticket complete, but I think you're right...it isn't, otherwise I won't be getting errors when trying to restore.

    I tried the iFaith mode, it generated some weird file (attached) then asked for some options.Should I select the 'Custom packages' or 'Build IPSW'? What do I do next? Sorry am not very techie.

    I don't mind upgrading from 6.0.1. In fact, I'd like to try out the 6.1.2.

    Cannot remove sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak-ifaith.png

    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    There was nothing wrong with your Snowbreeze tethered JB. All you needed to do was, go to Cydia and install Evasion untethered "add on". If it is not to late, try to perform first iLex Rat procedure, if everything goes well, you will be able to open Cydia and install Evasion 6.0 - 6.1.2 untethered.
    Hi bbrks,

    As I mentioned in my first post, I can't install Evasion through/from Cydia, my Cydia is messed up...search doesn't display anything.
    Also, what is iLex rat procedure?


    Thanks very much guys for all your inputs. Greatly appreciated.

    What do I do next?: -)
    Last edited by kateadams95; 06-21-2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: added the last para

  6. #6
    Evil Genius bbrks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    969
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 196 Times in 148 Posts

    Sorry, didn't figure it out that you are not able to open Cydia. I am afraid, that the only option you have now is a clean restore.

  7. #7
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    I don't think the problems you're experiencing is the fact that the jailbreak is tethered but rather it is just a blotched jb which can happen both in an untetethered and tethered jb. In my opinion, even untethering the jb I don't think will fix the issue. Have you tried turning it off and using redsn0w to boot tethered? If doing so still renders Cydia dysfunctional, it's likely not going to be fixed just by untethering the jb.

    You showed a screenshot of Sn0wbreeze. Did you go download iFaith and use the option to retrieve SHSHs and download them?

  8. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I don't think the problems you're experiencing is the fact that the jailbreak is tethered but rather it is just a blotched jb which can happen both in an untetethered and tethered jb. In my opinion, even untethering the jb I don't think will fix the issue. Have you tried turning it off and using redsn0w to boot tethered? If doing so still renders Cydia dysfunctional, it's likely not going to be fixed just by untethering the jb.

    You showed a screenshot of Sn0wbreeze. Did you go download iFaith and use the option to retrieve SHSHs and download them?
    Hi i.Annie,

    Yea, it may well be a blotched jb. Anyway, I was just made aware that a certain Sn0wbreeze version (2.9.14) does Untethered jb til 6.1.2 which I wasn't aware of before, as I was using the older version. That gave me new hope and it wasn't Evasi0n per se that I wanted, I thought that was the *only* untethered jb.

    Anyway, with the new excitement I tried the new Sn0wbreeze - tried 6.1.2...then failed (itunes error 3194) so thought I'd go back to the same 6.0.1 (but this time for a fresh untethered), but lo and behold - same problem iTunes error after error - if it wasn't 3194, it was 11 or something.

    And oh btw, sorry about the iFaith confusion. Yes, I did download iFaith and checked and verified AND saved my SHSH.

    I have been trying everything now but still am stuck with the iTunes error. Am so very frustrated beyond words now - either I smash my phone or I crack open my head : -( .

    I give up. Sigh!

    I suppose the ONLY thing I can do now is dare I say... update/restore normally through iTunes to 6.1.3; and then try to downgrade to 6.1.2 and then try the Untethered jb with it.

    But seeing my luck, am not even sure now if I will still get itunes error with the default restore too! lol.

    Seriously frustrating stuff, this!
    Last edited by kateadams95; 06-22-2013 at 02:08 AM.

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    GOOD NEWS!

    I reinstalled my Cydia, and then added Evasi0n and now it's fully Untethered! Ooh la la!

    I deserve some sleep now...after all the iTunes error, customising/stitching IPSW and stuff, it's just merely a corrupted Cydia reinstallation that rescued me! WOOHOO!*thumps chest* : -)

    So then what JB do I have now - Sn0wbreeze or Evasi0n? lol

    Also, one last question, if I want to upgrade to say..6.1.2 now (currently 6.0.1) do I need to do the Snowbreeze custom IPSW or can I just directly install the firmware?

    Thanks everyone for your inputs. Mucho appreciated!

  10. #10
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,686
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 571 Times in 522 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kateadams95 View Post
    GOOD NEWS!So then what JB do I have now - Sn0wbreeze or Evasi0n? lol

    Also, one last question, if I want to upgrade to say..6.1.2 now (currently 6.0.1) do I need to do the Snowbreeze custom IPSW or can I just directly install the firmware?

    Thanks everyone for your inputs. Mucho appreciated!
    Evasi0n, however since all publicly available untethered jailbreaks for the 6.x firmwares use evasi0n's tricks, it doesn't really matter.

    I'd recommend using a sn0wbreeze custom firmware for upgrading to iOS 6.1.2, because even if you use a default IPSW, you'll still need to enter Pwned DFU mode and either stitch your SHSH blobs in or use Cydia's caching server (the latter option is NOT recommended if you can avoid it and you have known good verified blobs locally). Better to kill two birds with one stone.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

    kateadams95 (06-23-2013)

  12. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    The reason for wanting an iOS upgrade is that my iphone 'search' (not Cydia's one) isn't working and there are other few issues with some apps, so I really want to update/upgrade my iOS.


    However, I don't have 6.1.2 blobs (or anything higher than my current one, for that matter) so it can't be done, right? Or is there anything I can do?

    Cheers!

  13. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Just for the benefit of anyone who's stupid enough to forget one's own settings on iProtect for disabling 'spotlight search', that was the culprit for me.

    Lol I can't believe I forgot my own settings and moaned about 'search' not working!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts