+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My phone wont go to "sleep" while plugged in and playing music? Is something wrong?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
My phone wont go to "sleep" while plugged in and playing music? Is something wrong? Ive been looking for a solution to this for about 4 hours. It will sleep
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default My phone wont go to "sleep" while plugged in and playing music? Is something wrong?
    My phone wont go to "sleep" while plugged in and playing music? Is something wrong? Ive been looking for a solution to this for about 4 hours. It will sleep and go to the lockscreen normally while unplugged and listening to music but while its plugged in and i am in the music app listening to music it will just dim...i would like it to go to sleep after 1 min. Idk if it just thinks that its on a dock? I double checked the Auto-Lock settings already and everything is configured correctly. Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tmills View Post
    My phone wont go to "sleep" while plugged in and playing music? Is something wrong? Ive been looking for a solution to this for about 4 hours. It will sleep and go to the lockscreen normally while unplugged and listening to music but while its plugged in and i am in the music app listening to music it will just dim...i would like it to go to sleep after 1 min. Idk if it just thinks that its on a dock? I double checked the Auto-Lock settings already and everything is configured correctly. Can anyone please help?
    As far as I am aware, the device is programmed not to turn off the LCD while plugged in (but just dim it), and also not to stop playing music if plugged into a power source. Nothing wrong at all, just hit the power button on your device to turn off the screen (and send it back to the lock screen).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok so this must be a normal function? Is there any way I can change it to Auto-Lock and not just dim from the music app? It's kind of pointless to leave the screen on and dim. If say for instance, I pause the music. I just noticed this the other day when I was on ifunbox and doing some editing to an icon and I paused the music. It never shut off.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, with the Tweak ScreenDimmer, you can specify the time the screen stays on before dimming and force the backlight to turn off after a set time too. (Turn on "dim while charging")

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It already dims, without ScreenDimmer but what I'm trying to do is get it to go back to the lock screen and turn off the backlight but continue to play the music like I'd does while it's unplugged and idle. There are no options in screen dimmer that can do this. Screen dimmer is also messing with my activator (I have it set to show battery percentage when plugged in and it isn't working while installed) so I'm uninstalling.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, yes, ScreenDimmer won't lock it but it will turn off the backlight.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there anything I can do to make it lock as well?