+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 6.0.2 evas1on help

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So I jalbreaked an iphone 4s using evas1on. Everything was good before i decided to whipe all the iphone data using the erase option ... Now I have cydia on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 6.0.2 evas1on help
    So I jalbreaked an iphone 4s using evas1on. Everything was good before i decided to whipe all the iphone data using the erase option ...
    Now I have cydia on my screen but it just opens and then closes immediately. I tried to rejailbreak it , but evas1on says the phone is already semi-jailbreaked and that i should install the evas1on addon from cydia but i can't use cydia.
    What are my option beside upgrading to 6.1.3. Does it exist any way to remove the jailbreak, or to override the jailbreak?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Never use the erase option on a JB iPhone, it will mess it up. If you can't open Cydia or ssh into your file system, your only option is to restore again.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 14,750 Times in 6,860 Posts

You can try getting ahold of the evasion deb package and using ifunbox to put it in cydia's auto install folder located here:
    private/var/root/media/Cydia/AutoInstall
    Then just reboot twice to see if that installs it.

Or you can wait for something like this to be released: Semi-Restore for iOS 5.0-6.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    That would only work if he installed it before he did the erase since he cannot get into cydia now to install it. If he didn't he would have to try to install it same way I mentioned with the autoinstall folder.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

3volut1on (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post

Or you can wait for something like this to be released: Semi-Restore for iOS 5.0-6.1.2

I like this, have you tried it yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,750 Times in 6,860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I like this, have you tried it yet?
    Not yet, hasn't been released. Looks like they will soon. The iLex guy is also doing something similar to this too I believe. Would be more more useful for people who didn't have it installed already who cant access cydia anymore.

Thanks

Never mind, I see it not available yet. Nice though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the support guys, i found the evad3rs dba here: Index of /debs/ i copied the last version to the autoinstall folder but sadly the application after 2x shut down/power on has not been installed.
    any ideas? on how i can convince the evad3rs program that the phone is still stock ) ?
    cheers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3volut1on View Post
    thanks for the support guys, i found the evad3rs dba here: Index of /debs/ i copied the last version to the autoinstall folder but sadly the application after 2x shut down/power on has not been installed.
    any ideas? on how i can convince the evad3rs program that the phone is still stock ) ?
    cheers!
    It sounds like the device has lost the ability to run unsigned code, i.e., has been put back into stock jail. I'm surprised the device will even boot and function at all...

However, you have full filesystem access, yes? Do you have root user access (via SSH) and can run a privileged process (such as "apt-get update" or "reboot")?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

3volut1on (06-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It sounds like the device has lost the ability to run unsigned code, i.e., has been put back into stock jail. I'm surprised the device will even boot and function at all...

However, you have full filesystem access, yes? Do you have root user access (via SSH) and can run a privileged process (such as "apt-get update" or "reboot")?
    yes, i have full filesystem access, but evasi0n didn't installed any ssh client, and since cydia is dead too i can't install openssh anymore.

also, after each reboot the jailbreak app from evasi0n appears on the screen.

Thanks

Perhaps we can install openssh's binaries on the device with our filesystem access, but I have no idea how (or even if) we'll be able to get it to run...

I seriously doubt we have unsigned code execution on the kernel right now, which is our chief problem. While we can copy over the raw .deb and/or its composite binary files (the deb is here BTW), if we can't get launchd to accept the necessary .plist and sshd control daemon, we won't be able to get our shell.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any arguments that we could pass to evasi0n to instruct it to attempt its unsigned code exploit in spite of the (correctly) perceived "semi-jailbroken" status... let me tweet Pod2G and Co. and see what, if anything they come up with (or even if they'll answer me... I'm not popular so no guarantees).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

3volut1on (06-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Perhaps we can install openssh's binaries on the device with our filesystem access, but I have no idea how (or even if) we'll be able to get it to run...

I seriously doubt we have unsigned code execution on the kernel right now, which is our chief problem. While we can copy over the raw .deb and/or its composite binary files (the deb is here BTW), if we can't get launchd to accept the necessary .plist and sshd control daemon, we won't be able to get our shell.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any arguments that we could pass to evasi0n to instruct it to attempt its unsigned code exploit in spite of the (correctly) perceived "semi-jailbroken" status... let me tweet Pod2G and Co. and see what, if anything they come up with (or even if they'll answer me... I'm not popular so no guarantees).
    thank you very much sir, for your tremendous help.