+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading from ios 4.3 to iOS 6 Help

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Right guys im in a real pickle here and need some help so i thought id come here. Right so here goes, My friend gave me his son's iphone 4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Upgrading from ios 4.3 to iOS 6 Help
    Right guys im in a real pickle here and need some help so i thought id come here.

Right so here goes, My friend gave me his son's iphone 4 so that i could put ios 6 on there for him and Jailbreak it on ios 6, but the problem is i am having great difficulty getting ios 6.0 on to his iphone 4, He is currently on iOS 4.3

I have tried a few solutions like using tiny umbrella and putting it into DFU mode and then restoring it but i get error 3194,

So what i tried then was opening tiny umbrella going to "start tss server" and tried restoring that way but still no luck as keep getting error 3194, so i was then told on another site while tss server is running check your hosts file and if you see " 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com" then delete it and save your hosts file, (There was also a 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com ther ebut i left that) but keep tss server running which i did, then tried a restore and got a error 11 now on itunes, so im out of ideas, so can anyone help, i don't want to upgrade to ios 6.1.3 as there isnt a untethered jailbreak for it is there?

So if anyone can give me like a step by step guide on how to get this done from ios 4.3 to ios 6.0.

Thanks in advance guys

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

You need saved blob to restore to firmware apple no longer signs. Use tiny umbrella to find out if you have any. If this iPhone hasn't been jail broken before, then you won't have it. But you can still have a tethered JB at 6.1.3.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

JoRa2 (06-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello All. Im somewhat on the same boat over here. I have an iPhone 4 on ios 4.3.3 and is already jailbroken. i put it into DFU mode and try to restore to ios 6.1.2 and i keep getting error 3194. i have used tiny umbrella before and have 3 shsh blobs saved for this phone. What now? i dont know how to use these to update the firmware. can someone please explain this process to me... Thank you!
    -JoRa2

Thanks

Which are those SHSH blobs you have saved?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoRa2 View Post
    Hello All. Im somewhat on the same boat over here. I have an iPhone 4 on ios 4.3.3 and is already jailbroken. i put it into DFU mode and try to restore to ios 6.1.2 and i keep getting error 3194. i have used tiny umbrella before and have 3 shsh blobs saved for this phone. What now? i dont know how to use these to update the firmware. can someone please explain this process to me... Thank you!
    -JoRa2
    Error 3194 means apple couldn't verify your 6.1.2 blob. Go to iH8sn0w.com and download Snowbreeze master. Use Ifaith to stitch you blob to 6.1.2 fw.
    Your shsh blob should be located under your computer's name in .shsh folder if you have it saved locally.
    Any blob above 6.xx if saved by Cydia Server could be corrupted and cannot be used to restore and may end up in soft dfu mode.
    Use the tools to put iphone into pwned dfu mode and shift + restore to this custom stitched 6.1.2 ipsw.
    Don't run TU when restoring.
    Last edited by iYeow; 06-24-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

u can check ur saved shsh by ifaith! n then build a cfw ! 3194 is u rnt shsh this fw

LinkBacks (?)