+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade iOS 5 to iOS 6 *Help*

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
i have a iphone 3gS jailbroken on ios 5.1.1 bb 5.13.04 and id like to upgrade it to ios 6 meanwhile preserving my baseband, is there any way to do
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Upgrade iOS 5 to iOS 6 *Help*
    i have a iphone 3gS jailbroken on ios 5.1.1 bb 5.13.04 and id like to upgrade it to ios 6 meanwhile preserving my baseband, is there any way to do that with snowbreeze? if so can you tell me how? thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any1???? bcz i downloaded ios6 ipsw and preserved the baseband with simple mode in snowbreeze and tried to restore the phone in dfu mode and it didnt work, what was i doing wrong? HEEELLLPPP!!!!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

What error you gritting. If ya don't have the shsh blobs for it you won't be able to do it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the reply... no i didnt stitch the shsh blobs to the custom ipsw, should i use shsh blobs when upgrading from ios 5 to ios 6? i thought shsh was for downgrading and yea i saved my shsh blobs with tiny umbrella. what should i do?

EVO
    Thanks

If you have a 3Gs with an OLD bootrom, you can just create a custom firmware from sn0wbreeze without stitching the blobs, and you can restore to any ioS 6.

If you have a new bootrom, then its more complicated because even if you have shsh blobs saved, you must have saved them "locally" to your hard drive either from redsn0w or ifaith when Apple was still signing them.

If you saved your shsh blobs from tinyumbrella, then they are worthless and cannot be used to restore back to any iOS 6.

To check whether you have old or new bootrom, follow the instructions from this site:
    How to Check iPhone 3GS New Bootrom / Old Bootrom (iBoot) Version | Redmond Pie

Then download ifaith program and verify the blobs to see if they are "valid".

Then answer 2 questions and we can further assist you:

1. Is it the OLD bootrom or new?

2. Are the blobs valid?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i checked the blobs and only 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 of all my ios 6 blobs are valid, and yes i have an old bootrom 3gs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    i checked the blobs and only 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 of all my ios 6 blobs are valid, and yes i have an old bootrom 3gs.
    Just tell sn0wbreeze that you have an old-bootrom 3GS (I'd use Expert Mode but Simple should work as well) when you select your 6.1.2 (or .3... or whatever IPSW you would like--I'd recommend 6.1.2) IPSW. Sn0wbreeze should then build you a custom IPSW (which will preserve your baseband), enter Pwned DFU once the IPSW has been built, restore it via iTunes, and you're off to the races!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can that be done without stitching the 6.1.2 blobs? if not how can i add the blobs to the custom ipsw in snowbreeze?

EVO
    Thanks

can that be done without stitching the 6.1.2 blobs? if not how can i add the blobs to the custom ipsw in snowbreeze?
    you should re-READ the 1st sentence of my post

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok thanks y'all, i successfully upgraded it to ios 6...

since its an old bootrom 3gs, that means i can put it in pwnd dfu mode and downgrade to any os when im ready right?

Thanks

ok thanks y'all, i successfully upgraded it to ios 6...

since its an old bootrom 3gs, that means i can put it in pwnd dfu mode and downgrade to any os when im ready right?
    That is correct, should you feel a flight of fancy.