Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Want to upgrade to ios7

  1. #1
    Default Want to upgrade to ios7
    I have an iphone 4 (5.0.1, 9A405) with 4.11.08. I unlocked the iPhone originally using the SAM method. Is it possible to upgrade to ios7 without loosing the unlock?

  2. #2
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hanoi, Vietnam, Vietnam
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 52 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zeviet View Post
    I have an iphone 4 (5.0.1, 9A405) with 4.11.08. I unlocked the iPhone originally using the SAM method. Is it possible to upgrade to ios7 without loosing the unlock?
    i think u cant cause ios7 can not jb now! u cant put folder lockdown in file system ^^! i think it

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jitwru View Post
    i think u cant cause ios7 can not jb now! u cant put folder lockdown in file system ^^! i think it
    And what about ios6?

  4. #4
    I think he's right about losing your unlock. iOS 7 completely removes all JB tweaks. You can't do iOS 6 either UNLESS you do a semi-tethered JB using Redsn0w. Because 6.1.3, the latest firmware, doesnt have an untethered JB availabe. But if you're cool with a Semi-tether, then you're in luck cause it only works on 3 devices. The iPhone 4 is one of them.

  5. #5
    jit is right

    and assuming you have a developer's account, you can beta test on iOS 7, but indeed you WILL lose your unlock.

    is iOS 7 really worth the loss of your unlock?............In my opinion, NO

    but its your phone and you can do whatever you want.....IF you do upgrade and any issues arise, if you want to go back to "any" iOS 6 version, you MUST have "valid" shsh blobs.

    That means you must have saved them "locally" on your computer when Apple was still signing them, otherwise if you saved them from tinyumbrella, then they are useless.

    For iOS 5, you can still use SHSH blobs from tinyumbrella or other resources.

  6. #6
    Actually, you can Beta test iOS 7 without a UDID. There's a very easy work around. And you CAN downgrade to iOS 6 without blobs, because Apple is still signing 6.1.3.
    I say all of that from experience. I have an iPhone 4 also.

  7. #7
    yah you are right, it's weird because typically only devices registered with a developer's account are able to beta test ios 7

    HOWEVER, please be cautious if users ask where to obtain the iOS 7 firmware
    Last edited by EVO; 06-18-2013 at 12:41 AM.

  8. #8
    Where can you get a legit iOS 7 beta two firmware?

    Does anyone know if Instagram Facebook Twitter and other common apps work on iOS 7?

    If I update to iOS 7 beta-2 on my 4S can I use iOS 6 backup for contacts music etc.?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentbeeler View Post
    Where can you get a legit iOS 7 beta two firmware?

    Does anyone know if Instagram Facebook Twitter and other common apps work on iOS 7?

    If I update to iOS 7 beta-2 on my 4S can I use iOS 6 backup for contacts music etc.?
    In order to get a legit iOS 7 beta, you need to have a developer's account by paying the annual $99

  10. #10
    Yea but can't you get it free online? YouTube vids show you how to install it with out a dev account but not where to download it.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •