+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 stuck in recovery after failed iOS 7 upgrade, WONT DOWNGRADE.

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
After registering my UDID from a website, I got the confirmation email that it was successfully registered and I was ready to upgrade to iOS 7. I proceeded to download
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 stuck in recovery after failed iOS 7 upgrade, WONT DOWNGRADE.
    After registering my UDID from a website, I got the confirmation email that it was successfully registered and I was ready to upgrade to iOS 7. I proceeded to download the correct version for my CDMA 5 but got an error saying I wasn't a registered developer. Thinking I got ripped off, I emailed the website and he replied saying Apples servers are jammed from all the requests. I waited roughly three hours.

When it still said I wasn't a developer, I looked up how to downgrade back to iOS 6.1.4. I put my phone into recovery mode and went to restore. The issue is that everytime I try to restore it appears to be just about finished, then I get an unknown error and it goes back to recovery. This has to be the most frustrating thing as I can't get it out of recovery mode either. So I've tried restoring to 6.1.4 and even to 7 again with no such luck.

Its almost been 24 hours since I've first registered my UDID, and my iPhone 5 is still unusable, what can I do? Anything I should try that might work? any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

What error are ya gitting when ya restoring?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    What error are ya gitting when ya restoring?
    Something along the lines of "iTunes cannot restore your iPhone due to an unknown error" followed with a number that changes each time I forgot what it was the first time but the second it was (-1)

Thanks

Try DFU mode instead of Recovery for the restore to 6.1.4 and see what happens.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default -
    i got the same problem my iphone5 dont restore i tryed everything it dont go in dfu mode if i try it the itunes logo pop up again...
    i tryed to restore with shift + and downloaden a IPSW 6.1.4 dont work to i get the error again... i tryed like 10 times tryed with tinyumbrella and tryed to reboot from redsnow nothing works... rip iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys... I've been stuck in this hell too but I figured a way out. Dumb luck and brute force troubleshooting =)

Login to icloud.com and go to Find my phone. When found, tell it to erase it. It'll get you back to the ios7 activation screen and you can setup and use your phone again. Still stuck in ios 7, but at least my phone is working again =)