Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPod touch 5G stuck at dimmed Apple logo

Ok, So Installed some winterboard themes, activated them and resprung the device. It never did. It rebooted the device and got stuck at dimmed Apple Logo. I am still able to access the device filesystem using iFunbox. I have tried the hard reset (Home+Power) method, but it boots and then gets stuck at dimmed apple logo.

Please please help! Can I do something to correct this through filesystem?

I have already deleted the said themes from the themes folder using iFunbox but to no avail.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just solved it, I think. Did the following steps found here (http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking...some-tips.html)

Recently many people have fallen prey to the boot loop issue after installing a jailbreak tweak. The phone reboots, Apple logo shows up then goes dim and reboots. You can access your file system via SSH but cannot get into safe mode. I suffered this problem along with many others and it seems Cydia dev @saurik had received tons of emails on how to fix the problem. Luckily there is a fix where you need to remove two files on your device so your springboard can reload its file system.

First you need to SSH into the file system and find these 2 files
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Once you find them don't delete them just in case
    change them to
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore.bak
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.bak

This basically renders them invisible, you can go and delete them later, always good to keep a backup

Once you have changed the name reboot.
    Upon reboot you will notice all your stock apps are there and your installed cydia apps but NO appstore apps.
    DONT PANIC

Just sit back and chill as iOS will slowly rebuild your apps on the springboard. I have over 300 apps on mine so it took a couple of minutes.

Then go back into iFile and removed the files you changed to .bak.

You can also use this method if you have jailbroken your device and Siri stops opening apps.
    Last edited by Mohitster; 06-13-2013 at 03:59 AM.