Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-13-2013, 01:59 AM #1
There is something wrong with my jailbreak and I want to know if I can fix it without restoring (thus losing jailbreak until iOS7).
1. When I launch cydia it says,
"Encountered status field in a non-version description
Encountered status field in a non-version description
You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems"
2. When I try to install mobileTerminal (520-2) it wants to remove most of my tweaks including evasion 6.0-6.1.2 Untether, and it says MobileTerminal depends on firmware >=3.2
3. When I try to install an app from the app store it says "Update Required, this app requires iOS 4.3, 5, 6 etc. (depending on the app requirements).
4. In the purchased tab it pops up, "Cannot connect to iTunes store" even though I can connect to the internets.
5. When I go on safari, it formats all the webpages as mobile optimised (like for an old mobile phone).
Also I don't have openSSH installed
If you need any more informations, please ask. I really don't want to lose my JB <3
Also, It doesn't boot into safe mode when I hold the vol up button when booting.
One theory to the cause of this problem was that I changed the iOS version in SystemVersion.plist to iOS 6.1.2 to install google hangouts and then changed it back to the proper version.
Last edited by testingtolearn; 06-13-2013 at 02:09 AM.
06-13-2013, 08:57 AM #2
Hi, check your SystemVersion.plist again, it sounds like your iPad thinks it is on an iOS less than 3.2!
06-13-2013, 09:00 AM #3
I've already double checked it, but yes, that does seem to be the problem. I'm just not sure why it thinks that.
06-13-2013, 09:15 AM #4
What version does Settings and Cydia report?
06-13-2013, 09:16 AM #5
06-13-2013, 09:30 AM #6
Hi, before you go any further, see if afc2add, OpenSSH and Safe Mode Launcher (requires iOS >=3) will install. Do you have iFile?
06-13-2013, 09:33 AM #7
Yes I've got iFile, might not be able to try and install that stuff till tomorrow though.
06-13-2013, 10:31 AM #8
Ok, you can get most free Cydia tweaks from
and install them with iFile. If you edit a plist with iFile it usually creates a backup .plist%, try using this one. Use Safe Mode Launcher or SBSettings to get into safe mode (if you can), then power off and then power back on while holding the volume up button in. If you arrive at safe mode, reboot. (Similar trick was used if you got a quarter screen issue).
Might be a good idea to do an iTunes backup to your PC too.
07-29-2013, 02:51 AM #9
Tryied all that and even tried semi-restore, neither worked, just restored instead...