+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What are my options?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi! This is my first time joining the forums and I intend to stay. I used to be a heavy modder and I would constantly jailbreak and modify my iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What are my options?
    Hi! This is my first time joining the forums and I intend to stay. I used to be a heavy modder and I would constantly jailbreak and modify my iphone in every way. I have stopped for a little bit and focused more on school and other things but I have come back to jailbreak. I currently have an iPhone 4S on Verizon running 5.1.1 (9B206). I've had this firmware for a long time and I never upgraded. It has gotten messy and unorganized, and many tweaks are making my phone run slow. As a result I would like start fresh. I understand that I cannot upgrade to 6.1.1 or 6.1.2 since Apple is not signing the firmware anymore. If I upgrade to 6.1.3 I will not be able to jailbreak right? Is there any way for me to upgrade to any iOS 6 WITH jailbreak? If not then can I just do a clean install of my 5.1.1 again and start over? I forgot to mention that I have 5.1.1 and 6.1.3 SHSH blobs saved

Thank You
    Last edited by simon182; 06-12-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simon182 View Post
    Hi! This is my first time joining the forums and I intend to stay. I used to be a heavy modder and I would constantly jailbreak and modify my iphone in every way. I have stopped for a little bit and focused more on school and other things but I have come back to jailbreak. I currently have an iPhone 4S on Verizon running 5.1.1 (9B206). I've had this firmware for a long time and I never upgraded. It has gotten messy and unorganized, and many tweaks are making my phone run slow. As a result I would like start fresh. I understand that I cannot upgrade to 6.1.1 or 6.1.2 since Apple is not signing the firmware anymore. If I upgrade to 6.1.3 I will not be able to jailbreak right? Is there any way for me to upgrade to any iOS 6 WITH jailbreak? If not then can I just do a clean install of my 5.1.1 again and start over? I forgot to mention that I have 5.1.1 and 6.1.3 SHSH blobs saved

Thank You
    Grab redsn0w (current version 0.9.15b3, available here), and try the Restore (Extras -> Even More -> Restore...) option. If you restored (instead of updated or got the phone out of the box that way) to your current installation of 5.1.1, you should be good to go with a clean restore to 5.1.1 with this tool. DO NOT GO TO ANY 6.x BUILD FOR THE 4S IF YOU CAN HELP IT. You'll lose the jailbreak ability as well as the ability to restore to any firmware version aside from the most-current version. Good luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm confused by this response...I'm running 6.1 on a 4s. Is this an issue where perhaps I jailbroke the phone before the release of 6.2?

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

No, just stay where you are and enjoy your jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you guys. I will wait until a new jailbreak is released.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-13-2013, 12:03 PM
  2. 06-13-2013, 12:34 AM