+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hope sumone can help

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hiya peeps , i got a iphone 3g via ebay ( fualt being its not charging solved that problem the lead on the m/b was unpluged ) so i have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hope sumone can help
    hiya peeps , i got a iphone 3g via ebay ( fualt being its not charging solved that problem the lead on the m/b was unpluged ) so i have turned the phone on and was prompted to conect to itunes , that i did to do a restor
    to find that i go thro to get a error code 1015 , im ashuming this phone was jailbroken ?
    the question being can i jail brake it ? as i dont no what software version is or was on the phone ?
    also is it worht doing will i be able to get apps like face book (or a app that will work as facebook ? )
    the phone dosent work at all so i got nout to loose !!!

thanks peeps steve

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjpbikes View Post
    hiya peeps , i got a iphone 3g via ebay ( fualt being its not charging solved that problem the lead on the m/b was unpluged ) so i have turned the phone on and was prompted to conect to itunes , that i did to do a restor
    to find that i go thro to get a error code 1015 , im ashuming this phone was jailbroken ?
    the question being can i jail brake it ? as i dont no what software version is or was on the phone ?
    also is it worht doing will i be able to get apps like face book (or a app that will work as facebook ? )
    the phone dosent work at all so i got nout to loose !!!

thanks peeps steve
    I'm guessing that your 3G has the iPad baseband on it, which is probably the most common cause of that particular error. This can be bypassed by creating a custom, no-baseband 4.2.1 (most current version) IPSW file with sn0wbreeze for Windows or redsn0w for OS X or Windows, or by restoring to a 3.1.3 IPSW from DFU mode. All of these options will conclude with a Option + (or Shift+ for Windows) click on Restore through iTunes.

Both versions can be jailbroken very easily, either via redsn0w's big "Jailbreak" button or merely by virtue of restoring the custom firmware created by sn0wbreeze. After the jailbreak is complete, I'd advise you to downgrade your baseband via redsn0w if in Settings -> General -> About the "Modem Firmware" version is listed as 06.15.00.

I have to warn you though, the iPhone 3G is coming up on its fifth birthday here soon, and it will show its age very quickly... both in terms of apps available for it (more limited on the 3.1.3 than the 4.2.1 but still ugly both ways) and in terms of general performance (worse off on the 4.2.1 than the 3.1.3).