+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cpu usage high and battery drain after redsn0w and sn0wbreeze with default image.

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hi there, I have an iphone and i have restored it to factory software and used redsn0w to upgrade the baseband to the ipad one then downgrade it to 5.13.04
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default cpu usage high and battery drain after redsn0w and sn0wbreeze with default image.
    hi there,

I have an iphone and i have restored it to factory software and used redsn0w to upgrade the baseband to the ipad one then downgrade it to 5.13.04 which is exploitable.

i have then used snowbreeze to install a retail ipsw with a blank baseband using the pwndfu mode.

after that i have rejailbroken the phone using redsn0w and installed ultrasnow as the device is locked to 02uk i believe.

the problem is the battery only lasts 4 hours and is brand new i have also noticed that if i disable 3g on the phone it will get no service with edge and the cpu usage is never under 50% and the phone runs real hot even if i disable the radio with aeroplane mode and turn off push and location services.

i restored it to factory with no baseband as before and tried the redsn0w exploit and i end up with the same issues.

i paid for pushfix 2.0 as there was mention of power drain isuies with a hacktivated phone and i installed this and it did not make a difference with either expliot method.

im guessing a system process is causing the phone to drain?

what do i do now?

the phone is an iphone 3g with software 3.13 i also tried 4.2.1 and had the same issuies.

the phone was given to me after it was updated to non hackable basband and was previously modded some way before they upgraded it but I dont know how.

would it be a problem with the baseband compatibility or something ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by professor_jonny View Post
    hi there,

I have an iphone and i have restored it to factory software and used redsn0w to upgrade the baseband to the ipad one then downgrade it to 5.13.04 which is exploitable.

i have then used snowbreeze to install a retail ipsw with a blank baseband using the pwndfu mode.

after that i have rejailbroken the phone using redsn0w and installed ultrasnow as the device is locked to 02uk i believe.

the problem is the battery only lasts 4 hours and is brand new i have also noticed that if i disable 3g on the phone it will get no service with edge and the cpu usage is never under 50% and the phone runs real hot even if i disable the radio with aeroplane mode and turn off push and location services.

i restored it to factory with no baseband as before and tried the redsn0w exploit and i end up with the same issues.

i paid for pushfix 2.0 as there was mention of power drain isuies with a hacktivated phone and i installed this and it did not make a difference with either expliot method.

im guessing a system process is causing the phone to drain?

what do i do now?

the phone is an iphone 3g with software 3.13 i also tried 4.2.1 and had the same issuies.

the phone was given to me after it was updated to non hackable basband and was previously modded some way before they upgraded it but I dont know how.

would it be a problem with the baseband compatibility or something ?
    I'd recommend installing SAM from the Cydia repository repo.bingner.com and spoofing an O2 UK SIM card, then deactivating your device (again via SAM) and connecting to iTunes to get the device "legitimately" activated instead of using the hacktivation process.

Hacktivation has serious problems with battery life, as the phone will keep searching for valid push/activation certificates eating battery charge, even if in Airplane mode... so that'd be the first thing I'd try.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i was under the understanding that apple fixed the sam expliot in their activation server and it no longer works as of 27 april 2012?
    i tried it with what i believed was the correct sim details but itunes just said incorect sim.

how would i find if my phone is actually on o2 uk as this may be the problem into why sam wont work for me ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by professor_jonny View Post
    i was under the understanding that apple fixed the sam expliot in their activation server and it no longer works as of 27 april 2012?
    i tried it with what i believed was the correct sim details but itunes just said incorect sim.

how would i find if my phone is actually on o2 uk as this may be the problem into why sam wont work for me ?
    This isn't the SAM exploit for getting an unlock, this is just for a legitimate activation. As far as I am aware, this part of SAM has not been patched by Apple. Try using SAM's "Auto Select Carrier" feature and see if it spoofs a SIM that iTunes likes and activates. If not, you may have to pay for a service to identify what network your phone is locked to (I'd recommend Cowboy, the moderator here, and his iDeviceGuys unlocking/IMEI identification service).

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-12-2013, 06:51 AM