Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T mobile jailbreak 3gs

Default T mobile jailbreak 3gs
    I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs. It was on at &t and I finally got it to say the carrier is t mobile. My firmware is 6.1.3 and my baseband is 06.15.00. I guess it is a tethered jailbreak because I can only open cydia if I use just boot in redsnow (doesn't work if I just start it myself). When I use just boot it says searching and then no service on and off. I have installed ultrasnow, but I still am unable to get any service. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks

May I suggest downgrading your baseband via redsn0w version 05.13.04? It'll improve your GPS services on your phone, if nothing else. You'll still be tethered on the jailbreak, but hopefully will have a more stable cellular performance. First, download the iOS 6.0 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS and select that IPSW via Extras -> Select IPSW then go to Jailbreak -> DFU mode -> only check the "Downgrade Baseband box." Let redsn0w work its magic, then your phone will reboot. You'll need to run the "Just Boot" again to open Cydia, but once you've done that you should be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    May I suggest downgrading your baseband via redsn0w version 05.13.04? It'll improve your GPS services on your phone, if nothing else. You'll still be tethered on the jailbreak, but hopefully will have a more stable cellular performance. First, download the iOS 6.0 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS and select that IPSW via Extras -> Select IPSW then go to Jailbreak -> DFU mode -> only check the "Downgrade Baseband box." Let redsn0w work its magic, then your phone will reboot. You'll need to run the "Just Boot" again to open Cydia, but once you've done that you should be golden.
    Thanks my baseband is 5.13.04 now, but still no service. Do I have to downgrade from 6.1.3 to make this work? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by algar32 View Post
    Thanks my baseband is 5.13.04 now, but still no service. Do I have to downgrade from 6.1.3 to make this work? Any suggestions?
    I'm not sure why I am still even on 6.1.3 shouldn't the jailbreak have change it to lower than that? I just now tried using restore to get rid of 6.1.3, but redsnow couldn't find blobs.
    Last edited by algar32; 05-24-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks

I'm not sure why I am still even on 6.1.3 shouldn't the jailbreak have change it to lower than that? I just now tried using restore to get rid of 6.1.3, but redsnow couldn't find blobs.
    No, the main iOS firmware version shouldn't matter for the service issue. You may have an issue with your baseband chip in your phone, or perhaps the cellular network in your area is on the fritz.

Jailbreaking doesn't affect what version of iOS is installed on your phone--it just removes many of Apple's restrictions on a particular version of firmware. If redsn0w can't find SHSH blobs for any other versions of iOS for your phone, then you won't be able to restore to those versions of iOS and have an untethered jailbreak (thus, you're stuck on 6.1.3).

No, the main iOS firmware version shouldn't matter for the service issue. You may have an issue with your baseband chip in your phone, or perhaps the cellular network in your area is on the fritz.

Jailbreaking doesn't affect what version of iOS is installed on your phone--it just removes many of Apple's restrictions on a particular version of firmware. If redsn0w can't find SHSH blobs for any other versions of iOS for your phone, then you won't be able to restore to those versions of iOS and have an untethered jailbreak (thus, you're stuck on 6.1.3).
    Okay. I used tiny umbrella to check which ones I could use and the only one that came up was 3gs 4.1. What should I do? Should I downgrade to 4.1? Any suggestions? The reason I don't want to be on 6.1.3 is because the evasion untether is only for 6.1.1 to 6.1.2. Also, ultrasnow doesn't appear to be downloadable either....

Thanks

Okay. I used tiny umbrella to check which ones I could use and the only one that came up was 3gs 4.1. What should I do? Should I downgrade to 4.1? Any suggestions? The reason I don't want to be on 6.1.3 is because the evasion untether is only for 6.1.1 to 6.1.2. Also, ultrasnow doesn't appear to be downloadable either....
    You can try iOS 4.1, it will be an untethered jailbreak (and ultrasn0w will be compatible). Just remember to build a custom, no-baseband firmware to preserve your 05.13.04 baseband. However, I'd be surprised if this proved merely a software problem.

You can try iOS 4.1, it will be an untethered jailbreak (and ultrasn0w will be compatible). Just remember to build a custom, no-baseband firmware to preserve your 05.13.04 baseband. However, I'd be surprised if this proved merely a software problem.
    Okay well I won't downgrade to 4.1, but I need to at least get to 6.2 or below to install the evasion untether fixer or ultrasnow. What would you suggest my next move be? Thanks.

Thanks

To be honest, I suspect your phone has a hardware issue with the baseband chip and/or antenna. Ultrasn0w 1.2.8 is supposed to work on 6.1.3, so I doubt that's the problem (but you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the ultrasn0w software if you'd like).

To be honest, I suspect your phone has a hardware issue with the baseband chip and/or antenna. Ultrasn0w 1.2.8 is supposed to work on 6.1.3, so I doubt that's the problem (but you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the ultrasn0w software if you'd like).
    thanks. Is there any reason why it isn't possible to unlock this particular model on t mobile? I got it to work on a different 3gs... Any last suggestions? thanks again.

Thanks

thanks. Is there any reason why it isn't possible to unlock this particular model on t mobile? I got it to work on a different 3gs... Any last suggestions? thanks again.
    About the only other thing I can think of would be the IMEI was barred because of being reported lost or stolen... again, the software is probably not the issue here (hence why it worked on your other 3GS and loads of other iPhones across the globe).