Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update Iphone 3gs?

Default Update Iphone 3gs?
    I have a iphone 3gs that i want to update to 6.1.2. I have the ISPW and am ready to go, but i need to make sure a couple of things.
    First, my iphone is currently running 4.0.1 with cydia, is jailbroken and unlocked. I do not care about the unlocked, as i am going to use it as a ipod for my sister. It has alot of jailbroken features, and i want to update it to 6.1.2, jail break with Evisi0n and use it as an update.
    Is that ok to do? Do i have to completely wipe the memory, or back up my baseband?

Thanks

First question: do you have SHSH blobs saved for this device?

Unless you manually saved the SHSH blobs for your device using a program like redsn0w or iFaith (Cydia and TinyUmbrella unfortunately had an issue with most if not all the blobs they saved for iOS 6.1.2, they are invalid), then you will be unable to proceed to iOS 6.1.2 and have a working untethered jailbreak.

Nope. I assume its to late to make blobs at this point anyway? Regardless, what if i just wanted to restore it and update it? Could i just go ahead and update it?

You can download iFaith from iH8Sn0w.com to save the 6.1.2 SHSH. Once it's done, you can build a custom 6.1.2 firmware to restore as many times as you like.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    You can download iFaith from iH8Sn0w.com to save the 6.1.2 SHSH. Once it's done, you can build a custom 6.1.2 firmware to restore as many times as you like.
    Well, that'd work with the iOS 4.0.1 the phone is currently on. Also, I think the iPhone 3GS still has iOS 4.1 signed for it through Apple. However, I think the 6.1.2 ship has sailed...