Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About to return from deployment, iPhone is jacked, can someone please help asap?

Default About to return from deployment, iPhone is jacked, can someone please help asap?
    Hey guys, sorry for the impassioned title but I am in a bit of a bind. I am about to pull in from an 8month deployment in a few short hours and my iPhone is jacked, non-functioning.

I have a 3Gs, 5.1.1, baseband 06.15.00
    At a libbo port during the deployment, I by accident clicked update when the phone asked if I wanted to update to the newest software version. Realizing what I had done I canceled it in the middle of the update. This kind of jacked the phone up, I had to restore it and rejailbreak it with the latest version of redsnow i have on my comp, 09.14b2.
    Basically, after that, due to really crappy internet that didnt let me search for what I needed to do, and forgetting what I had done months before initially, I restored it with a NO_BB_OLDROM_iPhone2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw Now I cannot get the phone passed the set up screen, it asks me to connect it to iTunes even though it already is, and iTunes shows that there is a phone connected to it but doesnt recognize it or allow me to sync it etc.

Some of my constraining factors.
    I only have internet access via this work computer, no access via my MacBook pro which has all my jailbreak apps, therefore no downloading newer versions.
    I only have redsnow 0.9.14b2 and older versions, Absinthe and Tiny Umbrella.

Is there anyone out there right now who can talk me through this? On googlechat perhaps? I would reallllly appreciate it, sucks to come home after 8 months and I cant call my family, set up my ride etc.
    haha I will just be hanging out here waiting for a reply.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Now that you are at 5.1.1, run redsn0w and choose downgrade ipad bb to 05.13.08. Now you can activate through iTunes after unlock with Ultrasn0w if you are not with official carrier.

I only have redsnow 0.9.14b2, version doesnt have downgrading bb capability and i dont have ultrasnow. I am on a shipwith no internet on my apple and my work computer that I am posting on cant be used.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

There is an option in redsn0w 0.9.14b2 to downgrade bb. I think you need internet to downgrade but not too sure. Try it out. All you need is internet on computer to work with.

Thanks

First off: welcome home, seaman.

Next question: what does your phone say under IMEI, Wi-Fi Address, and Bluetooth addresses? If those are all NOT all-zeroed or blank, then we're probably in workable shape, assuming you have internet access that will allow you access to Google and Apple's servers (we're going to try and downgrade your baseband back to the 05.13.04 version, so you can have your unlock with no loss of GPS).

EDIT: You'll need relatively unfettered Internet access to activate your iPhone legitimately. If you can't get to it right now, you can "hacktivate" the phone with redsn0w (I think 0.9.14b2 supports it): Jailbreak -> only check the Hacktivate... box. That should get you past the activate screen.
    Last edited by Orby; 05-03-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Really? In extras all i see is
    Just Boot
    Pwned DFU
    Recovery Fix
    SHSH blobs
    Select ipsw
    Custom ipsw
    Even more
    under even more there is
    Preferences
    Identify
    Clear Cache
    Backup
    Tickets
    DFU IPSW
    Restore

am I missing it?

Orby
    Thanks man. Actually a Marine pilot but no harm no foul.
    The phone is at the point where it has been restored, is now at the start up screen "Select language, select country" that stuff. Once i get to "connect to wifi network or iTunes" I select iTunes because I have no wifi on the boat, and it gives the ole picture of plug to iTunes but doesnt connect. In iTunes it shows that there is a phone connected but when I select it I cant do anything, literally a blank page, same when I select "devices".
    What I am hoping to accomplish right now is just get it back to being able to make calls so I can dealwith the issues of the moment lol, family calls etc. I have no internet for my Apple or for my phone right now, still stuck on the boat for a few hours. Then later Iwill downgrade the bb etc.

haha sorry, forgot to add.
    When I try to jailbreak again with redsnow iget the "Error preparing data Please provide the required ipsw". When I select the no_bb ipsw that i just built and the old one that i originally used (same thing) I get an unsupported ipsw error.
    Last edited by sk13; 05-03-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Thank you very much to Orby! For someone to take over an hour of their time to focus on helping a total stranger, that is the kind of thing that makes you regain faith in America! I really, really appreciate it and I owe you one if you are ever in the SoCal area.
    Thank you to the others who also helped out!