Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 11, 1600, 3194, and -1

Default Error 11, 1600, 3194, and -1
    Hi Modmyi,

I have been experiencing problems while restoring my iPhone 4S and wondering if someone in this community can help me. I initially got error -1 and tried workarounds that I have seen on the internet such as using my saved shsh blobs on tinyumbrella and then restoring but that lead to error 3194. Also, when I put my phone into DFU mode and do the same restore method, I get error 11. Error 1600 pops up once in a while aswell.

Is there any way I can get my iPhone back up and running?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

What exactly ate you trying to do? Update it?

I am trying to restore and update to 6.1.3.

Thanks.

Thanks

Have ya tried to put ya phone is pwned dfu mode and then restore?

Redsn0w has that option shaded out for me. Another thing is, my phone is stuck at the Connect to iTunes picture.

Thanks

Stuck In recovery mode then. You can use redsnow for that to if I'm not mistaken

It doesn't work with the iPhone 4S or any phone with A5+ chip.

Does anyone know of a solution for the iPhone 4S? Redsn0w and Tinyumbrella isnt kicking my phone out of the recovery loop and still getting error -1 after 40 tries.

Thanks

Well, the only things I know of that cause Error -1 are a failure to update baseband correctly or a USB failure (usually on the host computer, but not always).

The solution I'd suggest would be to try restoring the phone from normal DFU mode on a different computer (with a different USB sync cable if you have one, using a USB port that's on the back or sides of the computer itself) that has iTunes installed without TinyUmbrella or an edited /hosts file to redirect SHSH blobs.

If that doesn't work, we'd love to see some restore logs... but let's cross that bridge when/if we get to it.

Ok, I will try that and report back once I'm done. Thanks Orby.

EDIT: I have tried your method and it does not work. Do I post my iPhone Updater Log for you to oversee.
    Last edited by Genbumaru; 05-05-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genbumaru View Post
    Ok, I will try that and report back once I'm done. Thanks Orby.

EDIT: I have tried your method and it does not work. Do I post my iPhone Updater Log for you to oversee.
    That'd be very nice. Please copy and paste the contest of the most recent log to a site like pastebin.com or pastie.org, and link it here.

The logs are located...
    OS X:
    Open Finder, hit Command + Shift + G.
    Enter "~/Library/Logs/iPhone Updater Logs/" without the quotation marks.
    The logs are sorted chronologically, so the highest number will be the most recent.

Windows XP/Vista/7 (may work with 8, haven't tested it):
    Open the "Run..." dialog (Windows key + R).
    Enter "%AppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Updater Logs" without the quotation marks.
    The logs are sorted chronologically, so the highest number will be the most recent.

Hopefully these logs will point us to something benign, however, if another computer is throwing us the same errors, I'm shading towards a hardware problem...

I'm also getting all of these errors. I've tried resetting with and without TinyUmbrella. Without it I get 3194 and 1600, with it I get error 11. I can still go out of DFU mode by following instructions on google.

I'm also jailbroken on 6.1, and that's what I'm trying to restore to. I've tried resetting from the phone and that gives me a neverending spinning circle.

I really want to reset it. Heeeelp.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Resetting a jail broken iPhone will end up in spinning wheels. Your next restore will be 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Resetting a jail broken iPhone will end up in spinning wheels. Your next restore will be 6.1.3
    So basically the only way I'll be able to restore is if I also update?

Nope, still doesn't work. Error 3194.

Nothing works.
    Last edited by EzeCoyote; 05-05-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Go check your hosts file, delete any reference to gs.apple.com or delete tiny umbrella. Put iphone into recovery mode and do your restore.

Orby, here is my iPhone Updater Log. http://pastebin.com/aAwgT1d7

iYeow, I did the mentioned edit on hosts file but still does not work. I am trying to restore/update to 6.1.3 from 6.1.2 but during the process iTunes give me error -1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genbumaru View Post
    Orby, here is my iPhone Updater Log. iPhone Log - Pastebin.com
    Well the only things that jump out at me are:

1) The custom partition size and attempts to set a custom baseband firmware + firmware path from the "previous restore log" contained in there...
    2) The bbupdater process returning an error multiple times, again from the previous log.
    3) The baseband update process refusing any commands, with that apparently causing the restore error in this log.

I'm now leaning towards a faulty baseband chip if you're absolutely positive the firmware file you're using is not corrupted and you've changed restoring computers.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Genbumaru (05-06-2013)

Thanks Orby. I'm assuming that there isn't much I can do to save my phone without spending a lot of money?

Thanks

Apple should replace it for free if you're still under warranty (one year normally, two with AppleCare). Otherwise, while they'll still replace it, they'll charge you approximately $200 USD to do so.

I have a blue color set that I bought a half a year ago (warranty was over so why not right...?). Is there anything I could do without going to Apple?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast