+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidentally deleted some system apps.. need help

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Some of my system apps like messages, contacts and phone... The apps work well in background, i.e I can see messages being received from the notification bar but when I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Accidentally deleted some system apps.. need help
    Some of my system apps like messages, contacts and phone...
    The apps work well in background, i.e I can see messages being received from the notification bar but when I tap the message, it won't open the messages app.

I tried to restore recent backup through iTunes, buhh bad luck there. It wasn't restoring the backup.

Now, what should I do?

Thanks

Thanks

So what apps specifically did you delete? And what device and version of iOS do you have?

Perhaps you'll be able to download a new IPSW and copy the stock apps over from there, or someone will be able to upload the apps somewhere for you to download. Worst case scenario though, the solution we may be looking at is "restore" if you can't live without them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So what apps specifically did you delete? And what device and version of iOS do you have?

Perhaps you'll be able to download a new IPSW and copy the stock apps over from there, or someone will be able to upload the apps somewhere for you to download. Worst case scenario though, the solution we may be looking at is "restore" if you can't live without them.
    iPhone 3gs
    iOS 6.1.2
    Apps: Messages, Contacts, Phone

iTunes gives me errors (different) while restoring the recent backup or restoring any other download IPSW package

Thanks

Okay, let's try this.

Download the iPhone 3GS IPSW. Grab a VFDecrypt program (Google is your friend!), the key for this IPSW is:
    Code:
    7ea65d98990caf5db0d92c4a7f5938fe850b3c511de24fdf1f8460ec98caa8698f5fc779
    Grab the three applications from the /Applications folder in the IPSW (MobileSMS.app, MobilePhone.app, Contacts~iPhone.app), then try SSH-ing them into your /Applications folder on your 3GS, then reboot the phone. Good luck!