+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.3) jailbreak possible?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello! I've inherited an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3 and baseband 04.12.05. I've done some 'googling' and read-up on two ways to jailbreak with redsn0w and sn0wbreeze (both thethered) but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.3) jailbreak possible?
    Hello!

I've inherited an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3 and baseband 04.12.05. I've done some 'googling' and read-up on two ways to jailbreak with redsn0w and sn0wbreeze (both thethered) but results seem to be 50-50.

I'm not up-to-date with the whole jailbreaking scene so hopefully someone can tell me if its possible to break my iPhone.

Many thanks!

Thanks

It is possible to jailbreak your iPhone using redsn0w 0.9.15b3 (when redsn0w asks what IPSW you want to use, select an iOS 6.0 IPSW, download here). A word of warning though, your jailbreak will be tethered, meaning that you'll need to run redsn0w and it's "Just Boot" option (Extras -> Just Boot) every and any time the phone powers down or runs out of battery charge. You'll probably also need to run the Just Boot process once immediately after jailbreaking with redsn0w to force Cydia to appear.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It is possible to jailbreak your iPhone using redsn0w 0.9.15b3 (when redsn0w asks what IPSW you want to use, select an iOS 6.0 IPSW, download here). A word of warning though, your jailbreak will be tethered, meaning that you'll need to run redsn0w and it's "Just Boot" option (Extras -> Just Boot) every and any time the phone powers down or runs out of battery charge. You'll probably also need to run the Just Boot process once immediately after jailbreaking with redsn0w to force Cydia to appear.
    I tried this method with redsn0w yesterday and the first time I tried, I got the missing keys.plist error. I found a way around that and did manage to jailbreak the phone but when I launched cydia for the first time, it promted me to update, so I did. After that update cydia justs crashed immediately after launching. Also my calendar and safari don't work after jailbreaking too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried this method with redsn0w and at first I got the missing key.plist error but found a way around it. When I opened cydia for the first time, it prompted me to update, which I did. After updating, cydia will automatically crash upon launch. My calendar and safari also don't work after jailbreaking.
    Last edited by GnarlyNarwhal; 04-29-2013 at 06:13 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You need to do the "Just Boot" as described in post #2 because your iphone was in the semi-tethered mode.
    Remember you have a tethered jailbreak, so you need to do this every time the phone is restarted.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Very true^^

And be careful when not around ya pc or Mac what ya git off of cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Very true^^

And be careful when not around ya pc or Mac what ya git off of cydia
    Ok I will try breaking again....just gotta remember that I must be tethered everytime I restart my phone.

So are you saying I should be careful of what I download in case I have to reboot when I'm not by my PC? In which case it will revert back to non-jailbreak?
    Last edited by GnarlyNarwhal; 04-29-2013 at 08:41 PM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Just plug it in open redsnow and check boot tethered and let it go. Should be good then.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sweet, it's working now! Thanks for the help guys...I knew I was close.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a question for you ...GnarlyNarwhal... after the jailbreak process did you have to unlock your iphone or something like this.? i mean the service thing!!!