+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!! Apple logo loop after winterboard reboot!!!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
My iphone 5 running os 6.1 has been stuck on the apple logo loop after a winterboard change reboot. I have tried just about everything i can to get out
    What's Jailbreak? CONANtheGREAT's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Help!!! Apple logo loop after winterboard reboot!!!
    My iphone 5 running os 6.1 has been stuck on the apple logo loop after a winterboard change reboot. I have tried just about everything i can to get out of this (safe mode, volume up, etc). Found some posts and threads that said this was an easy fix, and all i need to do is re-run evasi0n jailbreak. This should get me back to my homescreen so i can unistall winterboard. Only problem is i have a passcode lock on my phone keeping me from running the jailbreak. If anyone can please help with a way around this or someway to access the system settings to turn passcode off i will love you forevere!!

p.s. i do not have sshh or mobile terminal installed on phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONANtheGREAT View Post
    My iphone 5 running os 6.1 has been stuck on the apple logo loop after a winterboard change reboot. I have tried just about everything i can to get out of this (safe mode, volume up, etc). Found some posts and threads that said this was an easy fix, and all i need to do is re-run evasi0n jailbreak. This should get me back to my homescreen so i can unistall winterboard. Only problem is i have a passcode lock on my phone keeping me from running the jailbreak. If anyone can please help with a way around this or someway to access the system settings to turn passcode off i will love you forevere!!

p.s. i do not have sshh or mobile terminal installed on phone.
    If boot into safe mode isn't working (not getting in the front door), there's no SSH installed on the system (can't remove the buggy tweaks that way), plus it's an iPhone 5 (so no limera1n/emergency ramdisk), AND it's got a passcode (no USB communication until the device is unlocked at least once)? I'm afraid that I've got no ideas aside from a DFU restore...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

CONANtheGREAT (04-28-2013)

What's Jailbreak? CONANtheGREAT's Avatar
    Thanks

That's what i was afraid of... Just wanted to make sure before i went back to using boring iphone mode... i'll wait a little longer before i resort to this. Hopefully theres a guardian angel out there somewhere. Thanks tho.

Unless you know thats my only option?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONANtheGREAT View Post
    That's what i was afraid of... Just wanted to make sure before i went back to using boring iphone mode... i'll wait a little longer before i resort to this. Hopefully theres a guardian angel out there somewhere. Thanks tho.

Unless you know thats my only option?
    While I certainly admire your optimism, and encourage you to explore other options and wait if it suits you, I'd be positively humbled and stunned if someone could solve this without restoring.