+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 WILL NOT restore

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So basically.. I got it stuck in boot loop.. It was crashing my kik and stock text message application.. I restarted to see if it would help.. Got stuck in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy iPhone 4 WILL NOT restore
    So basically.. I got it stuck in boot loop..

It was crashing my kik and stock text message application.. I restarted to see if it would help.. Got stuck in boot loop. I have tried to reboot it while it was reboot and put in safe mode... it kept doing the spin thing.

Finally got it to work on itunes enough to show the itunes logo and do the software update.. But then right in the middle it does the boot loop and spin all over again.

Once it "finishes" it still is stuck in the boot loop.. What exactly am I suppose to do?????????????????????!!!
    Is it bricked??

I'm honestly getting frustrated.. I would just like to restore and have it put on 6.1.3
    I enjoy my jailbreak and tweaks very very much.. but its just causing way to many problems. What am I suppose to do??

I am running iOS 5.1.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, you might try holding the home and lock button till your iPhone screen goes blank and stays blank/off. Then keep the volume up button pressed while you power back on, (if it comes back on, do an iTunes backup!) next run Cydia and uninstall any tweaks you think might be causing problems and reboot and try again.
    If you want to restore to 6.1.3 then you need to put your iPhone into a Pwned DFU state with Redsnow first and then restore with iTunes.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 04-27-2013 at 03:13 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, you might try holding the home and lock button till your iPhone screen goes blank and stays blank/off. Then keep the volume up button pressed while you power back on, (if it comes back on, do an iTunes backup!) next run Cydia and uninstall any tweaks you think might be causing problems and reboot and try again.
    If you want to restore to 6.1.3 then you need to put your iPhone into a Pwned DFU state with Redsnow first and then restore with iTunes.
    I've already tried to do the up button, it did nothing. How do I do a pwned DFU state?

Thanks

Hi, Redsnow gives instructions when you click on the Pwned DFU button. Or you can use iFaith.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hopefully, you have saved 5.1.1 SHSH blob or Cydia saved a copy for you. You can follow the guide below to restore back to 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak again. The guide is for downloading iOS 6 back to iOS 5.1.1, but the steps are the same. Good luck

Downgrade iOS 6 To 5.1.1 On A4 iOS Devices Using Redsn0w | Redmond Pie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    Hopefully, you have saved 5.1.1 SHSH blob or Cydia saved a copy for you. You can follow the guide below to restore back to 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak again. The guide is for downloading iOS 6 back to iOS 5.1.1, but the steps are the same. Good luck

Downgrade iOS 6 To 5.1.1 On A4 iOS Devices Using Redsn0w | Redmond Pie
    Yeah........ didn't work.. It's still in boot loop.

Thanks

Hi, I have had a boot loop before, it can be tricky to get out of, but I seem to remember this sequence worked for me.
    First plug your USB lead into your PC and iPhone
    To get your iPhone off, keep hold the home and lock button, your iPhone should go though 2 or 3 reboots and finally go blank/off. Then let go.
    Start up Redsn0w or iFaith and select Pwned DFU and follow the instructions. It may take a few attempts!
    If you do get into Pwned DFU mode, close Redsnow and restore with iTunes.
    If the restore looks like it has nearly completed, but fails. Try Redsn0ws recovery fix option.