Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5.1.1 to 6.1.2? iphone 4

Default 5.1.1 to 6.1.2? iphone 4
    Hey i havent seen it might be blind as im super tired.. but if i upgrade to 6.1.2 is it there a lock? its been a while since i jail broke my iphone 4... but what i was going to do was the norm.. download the 6.1.2 firmware stock.. then was going to enter dfu mode on my iphone 4(gsm). shift click find the ipsw and upgrade it via that way.. then i was going to use that evasion method to jailbreak.. i dont recall where i go for unlock after that sadly.. so if someone can refresh that'd be great! reading through a few guides right now but mostly just mentioning jailbreaking untethered nothing about actually unlocking.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Are you thinking of ultrasnow?

was it ultrasn0w that unlocked it? its been a while i hadnt remembered

Thanks

What baseband are you on? May be in ya best just to unlock it with IMEI and ya don't have to worry about it no more.

modem firmware is 01.59.00.. imei lock how do i go about that.. is att still doing that for iphones? i could have sworn i read some place that they arent unlocking them anymore.. the phone did complete its contract with att no outstanding bills etc. should i call them?

Thanks

Give cowboy a pm on here. He does it. Ill give ya the site.

http://ideviceguys.com/unlocks/

Before you can upgrade to 6.1.2, you need to have the saved SHSH blob. If you saved it using either iFaith or TinyUmbrella then the blob might be good. Note that, iOS 6 blobs automatically saved by Cydia are invalid. You can't use them to restore.

Also, if you want to use Ultrasn0w for unlocking, you need to use sn0wbreeze to build a custom firmware which will save the 1.59 baseband. However, IMEI unlock is so cheap now a day that there is no need to deal with saving the baseband besides it so old that there are some minor glitches (most notably is the 1-bar signal). Good luck