Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating from iOS 5.0.1 to 6.1.2 on iPhone 4S NOT working

What's Jailbreak?
    Nor Cal

Default Updating from iOS 5.0.1 to 6.1.2 on iPhone 4S NOT working
    I am trying to update to iOS 6.1.2 from iOS 5.0.1. I am not going to 6.1.3 so that I can still jailbreak my device. I am not worried about the baseband as I am on AT&T. I have tried everything from checking the host file, both deleting the line to just adding a # to the beginning of the line. I have used TinyUmbrella to make sure the "Set hosts to Cydia" is not checked. Regardless, I still keep getting the "device isn't eligible for the requested build" error.

I have downloaded a couple different versions of the "iPhone4,1_6.1.2_10B146_Restore.ipsw" file and still get this error.

I have tried using TinyUmbrella and started the "TSS Server" to restore to 6.1.2, but I then got an iTunes 11 error. (I didn't write this one down.)

Been searching all over the web for a fix, and everything says to make sure the Cydia box (mentioned earlier) is unchecked in TinyUmbrella and to fix the host file, and still it doesn't work.

Any ideas????

You can't do what you're trying on a 4s. There's no way to update to anything but the latest iOS version.

Yup, can't be done!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0