Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 3194 help - iphone 4s ios 6.1.2

Default Error 3194 help - iphone 4s ios 6.1.2
    hey guys, I usually don't start threads in forums but i'm at my whit's end here. I have a jailbroken iphone 4s on ios 6.1.2 and have been loving it. today, I downloaded a theme from cydia, I think it was no icon shadows (something to that effect). I download the theme and hit respring and now my phone is basically bricked so to speak.

it turns on, the appple log is bright then it gets darker. the phone connects to my laptop and itunes sees it as a normal working phone. I can even use ifunbox as well. I navigated to ifunbox and deleted the theme that I downloaded and restarted my phone and that did not work. I've tried everything I can think of that I have seen online. i went into the host file and removed 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com. I tried deleting the host file alltogether and that didn't work. I put the phone in DFU mode and recovery mode and tried to restore and I still get the same 3194 error. I guess my only option is to restore and update to 6.1.3 but I want to avoid that if all possible.

any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm at my whits end here!!

Thanks

I really hate to be the one who has to tell you this.

There's no way to get around being forced to restore to 6.1.3 right now on the 4S. That 3194 error stems from "invalid" SHSH blobs, and there's no way to use cached blobs or get new, valid ones. Hopefully, we can avoid that result.

I'd strongly suggest attempting to use SSH and uninstalling the theme from your phone using "apt-get remove (bundle name here)" or booting your iPhone into safe mode (which will disable WinterBoard and hopefully your buggy theme) and will allow you to get into Cydia and uninstall the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I really hate to be the one who has to tell you this.

There's no way to get around being forced to restore to 6.1.3 right now on the 4S. That 3194 error stems from "invalid" SHSH blobs, and there's no way to use cached blobs or get new, valid ones. Hopefully, we can avoid that result.

I'd strongly suggest attempting to use SSH and uninstalling the theme from your phone using "apt-get remove (bundle name here)" or booting your iPhone into safe mode (which will disable WinterBoard and hopefully your buggy theme) and will allow you to get into Cydia and uninstall the theme.
    yeah that's what I"m afraid of having to upgrade to 6.1.3 because there's no jailbreak coming out anytime soon! i went into ifunbox and deleted the theme but i'm afraid that didn't help where do i find apt-get remove or whatever it's called? I can try that.

Well I found a fix. Sort of. I deleted the folder var / mobile / library / cache and my phone was able to boot up. I can get into cydia and stuff but none of my tweaks are working.

You may want to try this:

http://youtu.be/87HuUVDXV64

I've not tried this yet, but it was recommend to me by someone that I trust. Make sure that you read the comments, as it needs to have a folder created to work. Otherwise it seems to work fine.

The other method use to be to delete safemode and it basically forces the same thing. ILex is pretty smart and crafty.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Hey guys I figured it out. Basically all I did was remove mobile substrate in cydia and reinstall it. I know I lost all my tweaks and have to reinstall them but my phone is back to normal and I didn't have to upgrade to 6.1.3.

One last thing guys. When I downloaded the new iTunes it tells me that I have to restore my phone before it connects to iTunes. Any reason why?