+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flash transfer

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey any body knows,,, about flash transfer for android...(transsfers files rapidly) Similarly Any one knows same in ios ? In airblue files transfers from bluetooth,,but this concept runs on hotspot,,,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey any body knows,,, about flash transfer for android...(transsfers files rapidly)
    Similarly Any one knows same in ios ?

In airblue files transfers from bluetooth,,but this concept runs on hotspot,,, one should create and another connects via wifi
    Last edited by Akashayrohida; 04-21-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks

You might wanna try Instashare, free (with ads) for iOS. See if that's what you're looking for (though I'd recommend just connecting both devices you're trying to transfer between to the same AP wireless network, rather than trying to hotspot it).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ya but it doesn't connect to android phones...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I found out one of them "zapya"
    But need flash transfer

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, FlashTransfer is on the Bigboss repo, but it is not in English, it is at version 1.0 and I could not get it to work. Maybe the one on Google Play works on Android?
    I use Celeste Bluetooth between platforms or you can use Airblue

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

Akashayrohida (05-04-2013)

Thanks

Well, with no Wifi, just the iPhone's hotspot.
    Hi, I have just tried turning on my personal hotspot on my iPhone, then joining that hotspot from my iPad. Then turn on the web server in iFile on my iPhone and typing in the http link iFile gives you into Safari on my iPad.
    Sure enough, I can then see my iPhones file system from my iPad and download files from my iPhone to my iPad using Safari & Safari Download Manager.
    It works the other way too if you run iFiles web server on the iPad and Safari on the iPhone. I should think it would also work iPhone hotspot to Android web browser. Also iPhone to PC works in both directions using iFile on the iPhone and a web browser on the PC.
    (I do have OpenSSH and afc2add installed too)

Update
    Ok, if you are trying this on two iDevices, run the iFile Web Server on one and on the other open a new page/screen in iFile and select the Bonjour option. You will then see the iDevice running iFile's Web Server, click on it and use copy and paste as normal to transfer files.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 05-04-2013 at 03:25 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank u dave for flash tr,,,,also can u help ,, i canot play videos or songs from music player,,,i have to go to flash tr software and then play from there,,,how can i use bridge?

Web server from ifile i m trying but not running ,,,,
    I created hotspot from android phone connected ipad to it ,,
    Went to ifile created web server,, then entered IP address on android web browser but dint work
    Last edited by Akashayrohida; 05-04-2013 at 12:25 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Is there any alternative to these bluetooth tweeks as they are paid ones i want some free stuff

Thanks

Hi, Cydia tweak Bridge should import songs or videos into your Media library. Free alternative Gremlin works with iFile and the iOS "Open In" feature. If you have .avi or .flv videos, you will have to convert them first or watch them with an Apple App Store app like AVPlayer.
    I don't think you will find a free Bluetooth tweak, but for iOS to iOS Apple App Store app FileManager by TapMedia has Bluetooth functions.
    In your hotspot tests, could you see the iPads file system in your Android web browser? If not, install afc2add and OpenSSH on your iPad. If you can see the iPad's file system, then does your Android web browser have file upload/download features?
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 05-04-2013 at 03:24 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Is there any tweek which is best for transfer files rapidly ipad-android?

Thanks

Hi, if your web browser doesn't work try an app with downloading or FTP options. Just search for downloader in the Google Play App Store. Easy Downloader Pro looks worth a go on your Android and iFile web server on your iPad.
    I have tried iFile web server on the iPad and it works well, you could try both devices on wifi first and then try your hotspot after if it works. Or try iPad to PC to test if it works on wifi. Make sure you type into your android web browser the full iFile address? For example
    http://172.20.10.2:10000
    There are some Apple App Store apps which have the option to run as a web server and can be used instead of iFile. FtpOnTheGo and Files Pro both work.
    (handy if you aren't jailbroken)
    (FtpOnTheGo on two non jailbroken iDevices is nearly as good as iFile for file transfer)

LinkBacks (?)